Creamsicle Parfaits make for a fantastic sweet treat or dessert any night of the week. Layers of creamy orange goodness create a dessert that is colorful and packed with a lot of sweet, juicy orange flavor!
If you’re looking for a quick easy dessert idea, Creamsicle Parfaits are the perfect treat for a warm spring or summer day! They come together in a flash; they are packed with tons of flavor from orange juice and sweet mandarin oranges, and best of all, you don’t have to heat up your kitchen to bake anything for this luscious dessert recipe!
I remember being a kid and eating Creamsicles on a hot summer day, that tart orange shell with the creamy middle. I haven’t had one for a while (although I’ve made Creamsicle Pie about 100 times) but I sure do love them!
If you’re looking for something to take along to a BBQ or party, these always get rave reviews! I make these Creamsicle Parfaits in plastic cups for serving but you can certainly make them in mason jars and put a lid on them for easy travel like I did with my Oreo Cheesecake Parfaits!
Be sure not to skip the orange extract in this recipe, it really boosts the creamy orange flavor! The graham cracker crumbs in the layers of this dessert give it a little bit of texture and taste delicious! I almost feel like I am indulging in pie when I have this!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
- 1 package orange Jell-O
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 3 cups whipped topping
- ¾ cup graham crumbs
- 1 can mandarin orange segments
- whipped cream
- Place Jell-o, orange extract and ⅔ cup boiling water in a bowl. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour ½ cup orange juice into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough ice to fill the measuring cup. Pour into the jello and stir until slightly thickened. Remove any remaining pieces of ice. Whisk in whipped topping and refrigerate until it can hold its shape (about 20 minutes).
- Drain mandarin oranges and place on paper towels to remove any excess moisture. (Optional: reserve a few for decoration).
- Layer orange cream, oranges and graham crumbs in small glasses/jars. Top with whipped cream and reserved orange segments.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)