This easy Berry Crisp can be made with fresh or frozen fruit and takes just minutes to pull together.
A sweet and crumbly layer of oats, coconut, flour and pecans with a base of juicy blueberries, raspberries and blackberries is dessert all year long!
Why We Love This Crisp
The topping is great to make ahead! I freeze individual bags of crisp topping and when we need a dessert, I simply add fruit and sprinkle the topping right from frozen…
This means dessert with only about 5 minutes of prep!!
You can use fresh or frozen berries to make this.
FRESH: In the summer you can use fresh berries and feel free to change up the ratios and the berries!
FROZEN: In fall and winter, I buy a big bag of triple berry mix to keep on hand in my deep freezer. When using frozen berries for berry crisp there is no need to defrost them first however you will need to add some extra cook time.
How to Make Berry Crisp
If easy is what you’re after, this recipe won’t disappoint.
- Berries: Combine berries (per recipe below). Tip: Feel free to substitute orange zest or a combination of both if you are feeling adventurous!
- Topping: Combine the topping mix, adding pecans or your other favorite chopped nuts as desired.
- Bake: Sprinkle the topping over the berries and bake until berries are hot and bubbly.
That’s all there is to it!
To Store Leftover Crisp
Unless you live in a warm and humid climate, you should be able to store berry crisp for 24 hours at room temperature. Just make sure to cover it tightly. After 24 hours refrigerate it in an airtight container, it should keep for 3 to 5 days.
- To Freeze, cool it completely and cover tightly, either with a double layer of foil or in a tightly sealed container. Defrost in the fridge overnight.
- To Reheat, place in a 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, covered.
More Fruity Faves
- Rhubarb Crisp – just minutes to prepare
- Easy Blueberry Crisp – quick & easy dessert
- Blackberry Cobbler – perfectly sweet & tart
- Homemade Peach Crisp – melt-in-your mouth tender peaches!
- Apple Crisp – simple, homemade goodness!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler – delicious balance of sweet & tart
Mixed Berry Crisp
- 6 cups fresh mixed berries or frozen, (do not defrost)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 2 quart baking dish combine berries, flour, lemon zest and sugar.
- Combine topping ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Sprinkle topping over berries.
- Bake 45 minutes or until berries are hot and bubbly.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Topping adapted from Better Homes & Gardens