Surprise your family with these adorably tasty Meatball Mummies!
Cooked meatballs are wrapped in biscuit dough and transformed into this spooky delicious supper!
This recipe is an easy way to add a little fun into your dinnertime routine!
Fun Twist on Dinner
- Meatball Mummies are a fun twist on the hot dog mummies we’ve all seen so many times!
- Made with two main ingredients and a little creativity these are so simple to prepare.
- Not just for Halloween, these are fun to eat any time of the year! These little guys are not only adorable.. they’re super easy to make!
Meatballs – I used lean frozen meatballs but ANY type of meatball can be used for these! You can even use leftover homemade turkey meatballs!
Biscuit Dough – premade biscuit dough makes this recipe quick and easy to prepare. Change it up and wrap the mummies in homemade pizza dough or premade crescent dough.
Decorations – Buy edible eyeballs or make your own with cheese and olives for the pupils.
How to Make Meatball Mummies
- Thread meatballs onto a strand of spaghetti, this stabilizes them enough so you can wrap them easily.
- Wrap with dough and remove the spaghetti strand.
- Bake (as per recipe below), then add your eyeballs!
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips To Easily Add Eyeballs
To easily stick eyeballs onto your mummy use a dab of ketchup or mayo to hold them in place! Depending on the size, you can wedge them slightly between the wrappings for extra hold!
Or skip the edible eyeballs and just add dots with ketchup and mayo for an easy alternative!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut pizza dough into thin strips, approx. ¼″ wide.
- Thread 3 meatballs onto a strand of spaghetti (this just holds them in place). Begin wrapping dough around the meatballs stretching and criss-crossing until the meatballs are completely covered. Be sure to leave a little space open for the eyes.
- Gently remove the spaghetti strand and place the meatball mummy on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake 19-23 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and add in edible eyeballs.
- Serve with warm pasta sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.