Meatball Mummies are a fun twist on the hot dog mummies we’ve all seen so many times!
Not just for Halloween, these are fun to eat any time of the year! These little guys are not only adorable.. they’re super easy to make! I used lean frozen meatballs but ANY type of meatball can be used for these!
A strand of spaghetti inserted into the meatballs stabilizes them enough so you can wrap them and then is easily removed before baking! I added my own little Edible Eyeballs to these to make them extra adorable! To ‘stick’ the eyeballs, you can use a little dab of mayo or ketchup. Depending on the size, some were a little bit “wedged” between the wrappings. You can also just dot the eyes with mayo & mustard/ketchup if you don’t want to make eyeballs!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
* Prepared Meatballs * Uncooked Spaghetti * Pizza Dough *
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
1 roll of prepared Pizza Dough (I used Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough)
18 cooked meatballs (homemade or frozen & defrosted)
6 strands raw spaghetti
12 edible eyeballs
1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
Pasta Sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pizza dough into thin strips, approx. 1/4″ wide.
3. Thread 3 meatballs onto a strand of spaghetti (this just holds them in place). Begin wrapping dough around the meatballs stretching and criss-crossing until the meatballs are completely covered. Be sure to leave a little space open for the eyes.
4. Gently remove the spaghetti strand and place the meatball mummy on a parchment lined pan.
5. Bake 19-23 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and add in edible eyeballs.
6. Serve with warm pasta sauce.
- 1 roll of prepared Pizza Dough I used Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 18 cooked meatballs homemade or frozen & defrosted
- 6 strands raw spaghetti
- 12 edible eyeballs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter optional
- Pasta Sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut pizza dough into thin strips, approx. ¼″ wide.
- Thread 3 meatballs onto a strand of spaghetti (this just holds them in place). Begin wrapping dough around the meatballs stretching and criss-crossing until the meatballs are completely covered. Be sure to leave a little space open for the eyes.
- Gently remove the spaghetti strand and place the meatball mummy on a parchment lined pan.
- Bake 19-23 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven, brush with melted butter and add in edible eyeballs.
- Serve with warm pasta sauce.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I made these on Halloween, Kids and husband loved them, so I’m making again now! I used a straw to cut out cheese, from a square block, for the eyes and then used the straw to punch in holes in the meatballs for the cheese to sit in. Worked great. Thanks for the recipe :)
Punching a hole in the meatball for the eyes is a genius idea! Thank you for sharing!
These are too cute.
Making these tonight for me my husband and 3 kids with chips a bolognese dip I can’t wait to try these I’m more excited than the kids and I’m 37 a child at heart Best way to be thank you for this fab idea
Enjoy Claire! Happy Halloween to you and your family! :)
I am making these for work for a Halloween themed potluck. Anyone have any ideas of how to keep these warm for a few hours before they get served without getting mushy? I was thinking maybe a crockpot with the lid off?
I haven’t tried keeping them warm for a long time. You could certainly try the slow cooker.