How to make edible eyeballs! (Savory!)
Pin it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Adding eyeballs to any meal makes it fun! Cream cheese on crackers… soup… stew… casserole. What kid (or grown up) wouldn’t love eyeballs in their dinner?
Most edible eyeballs are made of sugar, which is PERFECT for dessert. But what about when you want your pizza peeking back at you?
These little eyes are super easy to make with just 2 ingredients!
I used these cute little eyeballs on my Meatball Mummies!
- Mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- Black olives, zucchini or eggplant
- 1 large straw (I use smoothie straws)
- 1 regular straw
- Cut slices of cheese as thick as you want your eyeballs to be.
- If using the zucchini or eggplant, cut off a piece of the skin approximately the same thickness as your cheese. If using olives, cut off the sides so they can lay flat as in the photo above.
- Using the large straw (mine is yellow), cut large circles out of the cheese. Cut the centers out of your circles using the small straw (the blue straw).
- Using the small straw, cut pieces out of your dark veggie. Pop the little pieces of olive into the cheese circle (it will fit perfectly).
- Voila.. edible eyeballs!