Adding Edible Eyeballs to any meal makes it fun! While most are made from sugar this savory alternative is perfect for dinner.
Made with just 2 ingredients, these edible eyeballs are super easy to make and the perfect way to add some fun to your next dish!
What kid (or grown-up) wouldn’t love eyeballs in their dinner?
Savory Edible Eyeballs
- These adorable edible eyeballs are a great alternative to the sweet confectioners eyeballs used on most desserts.
- They are easy to make and add a little extra fun to meal time!
- Use it to make Meatball Mummies, add eyes to your pizza, or turn your deviled eggs into a set of spooky peepers!
How to Make Edible Eyeballs
- 1 slice Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Black olives zucchini or eggplant
- Cut slices of cheese as thick as you want your eyeballs to be.
- If using the zucchini or eggplant, cut off a piece of the skin approximately the same thickness as your cheese. If using olives, cut off the sides so they can lay flat.
- Using the large straw, cut large circles out of the cheese. Cut the centers out of your circles using the small straw.
- Using the small straw, cut pieces out of your dark veggie. Pop the little pieces of olive into the cheese circle (it will fit perfectly).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.