How to make edible eyeballs! (Savory!)
Pin it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Adding eyeballs to any meal makes it fun! Cream cheese on crackers… soup… stew… casserole. What kid (or grown up) wouldn’t love eyeballs in their dinner?
Most edible eyeballs are made of sugar, which is PERFECT for dessert. But what about when you want your pizza peeking back at you?
These little eyes are super easy to make with just 2 ingredients!
I used these cute little eyeballs on my Meatball Mummies!
- Mozzarella or monterey jack cheese
- Black olives, zucchini or eggplant
- 1 large straw (I use smoothie straws)
- 1 regular straw
- Cut slices of cheese as thick as you want your eyeballs to be.
- If using the zucchini or eggplant, cut off a piece of the skin approximately the same thickness as your cheese. If using olives, cut off the sides so they can lay flat as in the photo above.
- Using the large straw (mine is yellow), cut large circles out of the cheese. Cut the centers out of your circles using the small straw (the blue straw).
- Using the small straw, cut pieces out of your dark veggie. Pop the little pieces of olive into the cheese circle (it will fit perfectly).
- Voila.. edible eyeballs!
Hi Holy !!! there are so many of your recipes that are easy … I have only tried a couple of them but was very pleased Thank you
Thank you so much MaryEllen, I’m glad you’ve loved them!
How did you get the cheese and olive to pop out of the straws?
If they don’t fall out on their own you should be able to squeeze them out easily Cat! Let us know how it goes.
So creative, I just love how you come up with such amazing finishing touches
Thank you Chris! :)
Brilliant, and exactly what I was looking for!!
such a cute idea just in time for Halloween
cute idea just in time for Halloween
Genius! but, how do you get them to stick?
It depends on what I am adding them to… if it’s warm enough they sometimes stick, if not, a dab of mayo, cream cheese or sauce is usually enough. :)
Oh my goodness, these are so easy! I can think of a million foods to hide these in! What a great idea:)
Thank you Heather!
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.