It’s fresh, flavorful, and best of all, easy to make. This will become a go-to dip for everything from seafood to fries!
A Delicious Dip or Drizzle
- This easy, Baja-style recipe can be used for all kinds of fish and shrimp recipes.
- This dip can be mixed a couple of days ahead of time.
- Serve with fried or grilled fish tacos.
Ingredient for Fish Taco Sauce
THE BASE: Like most dips and creamy dressings, sour cream and mayonnaise create the base. For a thicker base (or a healthy boost), swap sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
FRESH FLAVOR: Fresh lime juice adds the best flavor, bottled juices can sometimes be bitter. Cilantro is a favorite for its herbal flavor. If you can’t eat cilantro, you can use parsley in this recipe although it will change the flavor of the sauce.
SEASONING: Seasonings like cumin, garlic powder, and smoked paprika give the sauce depth. Add some cayenne pepper for heat or even a bit of Cajun seasoning.
How to Make Fish Taco Sauce
- Zest & juice the lime.
- Combine all ingredients per recipe below in a bowl.
- Drizzle on mahi-mahi tacos, shrimp tacos, or any other favorite taco recipe!
Other Ways to Enjoy this Sauce
How to Store
Keep fish taco sauce in a jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For best results, shake or stir before serving again and refresh it with a little squeeze of lime juice.
Tastes Great With…
- Easy Fish Tacos – ready in 20 minutes
- Grilled Mahi Mahi – with mango salsa
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos – a vegetarian entrèe
- Easy Baked Tilapia (or Cod) – with panko topping
- Shrimp Tacos – so fresh & flavorful
Did you make this Fish Taco Sauce? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Fish Taco Sauce
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon light cream
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Zest ½ teaspoon zest from the lime. Juice 1 tablespoon of the juice from the lime.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle over fish tacos (or any kind of tacos).
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!