Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are a family favorite! A soft lemon kissed sugar cookie base filled with sweet raspberry preserves and drizzled with a fresh lemon glaze. I am so excited to have partnered with Pillsbury to bring you this recipe because, not only are these Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies delicious, they’re super easy to make!
I love the entire Christmas season. Lights, trees, Christmas Carols and of course along with that comes plates of Christmas cookies. When I think of Christmas cookies, I always think of my Grandma Mary, she made the BEST Christmas cookies. There was always an assortment of almond crescents, shortbread, sugar cookies, rum balls, and of course thumbprint cookies!
I always went for the thumbprints or the shortbread cookies!
Years later, my mom would make the thumbprint cookies (we always called them Thimble Cookies) and eventually passed our family recipe onto me.
Our thumbprints were always rolled in nuts, which I loved. I now have a daughter with a nut allergy so of course I avoid nuts but still love to include a version of thumbprint cookies on our plates.
These Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies start with a soft lemon kissed sugar cookie base filled with raspberry preserves and drizzled with a fresh lemon glaze.
Not only are they delicious, they’re absolutely gorgeous and super easy to make! One of the best things about these cookies is how fast they are to put together since they start with Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies. Lemon zest is added for a fresh lemony flavor while raspberry jam adds a fruity sweetness. I topped them with a simple lemony glaze.
Speaking of Christmas cookie plates, Pillsbury is counting down to Christmas in the most delicious way possible—with freshly baked cookies! If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the lookout for new delicious ideas to add to your cookie tray! Pillsbury has a Cookie Countdown page and will be revealing a new recipe daily, (or sign up to have them delivered straight to your inbox starting Nov. 24). Naughty or nice, this is one list you’ll want to be on!
Happy Holidays to all of you. May your season be merry and bright and may your cookie trays be full of delicious goodies!
You can view (and save) the Cookie Countdown recipes here on Pinterest along with a few of my other holiday favorites!
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 roll 16 ½ ounces Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel grated
- ⅓ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Leave cookie dough out 10 minutes to soften. Add cream cheese, flour and lemon zest and mix well with your hands.
- Roll dough into 1 ¼" balls and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Make in indentation with your thumb.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and while warm, press each indentation again.
- Fill each indentation with a little bit of jam.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love
- No Roll Sugar Cookies by SpendWithPennies.com
- Grandmas Shortbread Cookies by SpendWithPennies.com
- Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars by SpendWithPennies.com
- Easy Salted Caramelitas from I Wash You Dry
- Brown Butter Snickerdoodles from Life in the Lofthouse
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies from Picky Palate
- Fluffernutter Bars from Buns in my Oven
- Salted Caramel Crumble Bars from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts