An old-fashioned homemade pineapple cake needs just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes prep.
It comes out so moist, it’s just the thing to welcome bright sunny days!
This moist, sweet cake is similar to pineapple upside-down cake, but is more versatile! This easy recipe can be served plain, or topped with cream cheese icing or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. No fresh cream? Whipped topping works like a charm! This pineapple cake is best made ahead so all the flavors can meld together!
Why We Love this Recipe
This Pineapple Cake so easy to make, and even easier to serve! Perfect for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or showers.
It’s always a hit to take some pineapple cake to a party or potluck, or serve with chilled iced tea on the patio!
This cake is dense enough to hold up well on a buffet table while keeping all the tangy, citrus flavors!
Ingredients & Variations
This cake uses simple ingredients you most likely have on hand!
DRY Flour, sugar, and baking soda are mixed together to create the dry portion for this cake.
EGGS This recipe uses eggs to mix with the dry ingredients for the cake batter.
PINEAPPLE This cake is bursting with pieces of crushed pineapple. Canned pineapple or pieces of fresh pineapple will both work great!
How to Make Pineapple Cake
This recipe is so simple, it bakes in less than 30 minutes!
- Combine dry ingredients, stir in the eggs, and pineapple.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with cream cheese icing or whipped cream.
Tips for the Perfect Pineapple Cake
- Add those juices from the can of crushed pineapple to get that moist, sweet flavor!
- Because this cake has fruit, it should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for 3-4 days!
- This cake is also easily frozen! Just cut into portions or freeze the entire cake by wrapping it in plastic wrap, then foil and label the outside with the date.
- Pineapple cake should last about 6 weeks in the freezer.
Pineapple Cake is truly a tropical delight! It lends itself perfectly to all kinds of crunchy and sweet additions and mix-ins!
- How about some toasted coconut?
- Shredded carrots would pair perfectly with the crushed pineapple!
- Add half crushed pineapple with half mandarin oranges for a colorfully sweet variation!
- Toasted pecans, walnuts, and especially macadamia nuts add a little crunch and texture to pineapple cake!
- Better yet, sprinkle chopped nuts or toasted coconut on the top for visual effect!
- Easy Cheesecake Recipe – rich & creamy
- Peach Dump Cake – only 4 ingredients
- Peanut Butter Banana Refrigerator Pie – a family favorite
- Mixed Berry Crisp – use fresh or frozen fruit
- Hummingbird Cake – light & sweet
- Classic Pound Cake Recipe – moist & light
Did your family love this Pineapple Cake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easiest Ever Pineapple Cake
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 20 ounces can crushed pineapple with juices
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in eggs and pineapple until very well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook.
- Top with cream cheese frosting or whipped cream.