Crock Pot Chicken Thighs are cooked in an Asian inspired sauce for a new family favorite! Much like baked chicken thighs, the dark meat in this recipe stays moist and juicy with little effort.
- Chicken thighs in this recipe give maximum flavor while still keeping moist and tender. Boneless thighs make for easy serving.
- You can replace the thighs with breasts but be sure not to overcook them. I find chicken breasts don’t hold moisture as well so I often add a bit of chicken broth and shred them back into the sauce.
- Freshly grated ginger, and garlic add tons of flavor to this sauce while a scoop of brown sugar adds sweetness.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Brown boneless skinless thighs and place in the bottom of a slow cooker/crockpot.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together and pour over the chicken (see recipe below).
- Cook and enjoy!
How long to cook chicken thighs in the Crock Pot: These chicken thighs can be cooked on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. High temperature is preferred with this recipe.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
This slow cooker chicken recipe is perfect served over fluffy rice (or brown rice). Spoon the chicken over rice, ladle some extra sauce over the top and garnish with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.
More Easy CrockPot Chicken
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed of extra fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked white rice for serving
- 4 tablespoons cilantro for garnish
Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper to taste.
Heat olive oil over medium high in a 12-inch skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes until browned on each side.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, dark brown sugar, ginger, sriracha and garlic. Whisk to combine.
Add chicken thighs to a 6 quart slow cooker. Pour sauce over the chicken thighs.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has slightly thickened.
When fully cooked sprinkle the top of the chicken with green onions and cilantro. Serve over rice.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)