This Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme is packed with yummy ingredients like beef, cheese, tomatoes, and crispy lettuce.
Anyone who loves a great taco or a tostada needs to try this! A soft tortilla packed with layers of beef & cheese and a crispy tostada shell is folded and pan-fried until crisp.
I can’t count how many of these homemade Crunchwrap Supremes I’ve made for my daughter!
I’d have to say that a Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme is at the top of my list of fast food favorites. They’re so good!
- Crunchwraps taste even better made at home and cost less!
- Adjust the toppings to be a bit healthier (low-fat cheeses and up the veggies) and even swap out a whole wheat tortilla if you’d like!
- Skip the drive-thru line, you can make these at home any time.
- Everyone can build their own, add in favorites from shredded salsa chicken to spicy homemade jalapenos!
Ingredients for a Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
A Crunchwrap Supreme is easy to make at home in just a few steps and they’re great to use up leftover taco fillings of any kind!
Tortillas You will need large tortillas to hold all of the fillings in this crunchwrap. Before preparing, warm the tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to prevent it from cracking.
A loaded tostada covered with filling is wrapped in a flour tortilla; you’ll need the larger size. Be sure to warm the tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to keep it from cracking as you wrap it.
Fillings I use ground beef with taco seasoning but any ground meat will work (or even chicken). Use a seasoning packet or make your own taco seasoning mix with spices like chili powder, cumin and garlic powder.
Cheese, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes will cover the basics but don’t be afraid to add in your own favorites. Refried beans, sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, green chilies, and sliced olives!
The Crunch in a Crunchwrap
A crunchy tostada shell adds crunch to this copycat Crunch wrap Supreme recipe. It is a small crispy corn tortilla, almost like a big round tortilla chip.
The crispy tostada is used to separate the hot (beef/cheese) from the cold (lettuce/tomatoes). If you don’t have a tostada shell, swap it out for tortilla chips. Break off any sharp corners so they don’t rip the tortilla as you fold it.
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
The magic of this recipe is a crunchy tostada (or tortilla chips) that is placed in the center of each tortilla.
- Cook ground beef and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Add the meat mixture and nacho cheese to the center of each warmed tortilla. Top with a tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Cut one flour tortilla into quarters place a quarter on the toppings. Fold the tortilla up and around the covered tostada.
- Cook the Crunchwraps in a bit of oil until they are sealed and golden brown on both sides.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole. Add in a side of Cilantro Tomato Rice and a pitcher of easy Strawberry Margaritas to wash down all that zesty goodness!
- Because they have fresh veggies and sour cream, they’re best if enjoyed fresh.
- Leftovers can be reheated (the lettuce will not be crisp) in the microwave.
More Mexican-Inspired Dishes
- Black Bean Tacos – quick & easy
- Ground Beef Enchiladas – so cheesy & flavorful
- Cilantro Lime Chicken – grilled or baked
- Carne Asada Recipe – marinated in a garlic-lime sauce
- Chicken Taquitos – baked or fried
Did your family love this Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup nacho cheese sauce
- 4 tostadas or 2 cups tortilla chips
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until no pink remains. Drain any excess fat.
- Add ⅓ cup of water and taco seasoning to the skillet. Stir and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut one of the flour tortillas into quarters. Use kitchen scissors or a knife to round the corners.
- Place the remaining four tortillas on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave them for 20-30 seconds or until they are warm.
- Add ¼ cup ground beef to the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese sauce. Add tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese blend.
- Place the quartered tortilla in the center and gently fold the larger tortilla around it to seal.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat.
- In batches, add the folded tortillas seam side down, to the skillet and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
The recipe calls for 2 cups of shredded cheese. For 4 wraps, that would be 1/2 cup of cheese each. Is that correct?
That is correct, Terri.
Amazing!!! Family approve!!
Ok this was waaaaaaay super easy to make! It hardly took any time! And it was so DELICIOUS! Much better than Taco Bell honestly this used to be my favorite thing to eat there! I just don’t go as much… but for a cheaper, tastier option! Definitely hit the spot! Perfect recipe! Thanks so much!!!!
So happy you love it too, Alexis!
These Crunchwraps are so good I make them about once a month. Will always be a recipe in my meal rotation
So happy you are enjoying them, Denise!
Totally making this for lunch today!! Subbing refried beans mixed with the taco seasoning for the meat, and I cannot wait to nosh on this!! Hungry already!!
Amazing recipe, I’m giving 4 stars instead of 5 because the cook time was off. If you have a properly heated pan it should only take 1-2 minutes. Otherwise you’re going to burn your tortillas. Aside from that, delicious! Add Mexican rice and hot sauce, amazing meal. Good job!
I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY SOME OF THE INTERESTING SOUNDING RECIPES
I love your recipes.
I didn’t have tostadas so I used Doritos instead.. game changer! I love it both ways – what a great recipe, thank you so much!!
Oh yum! Great idea! And you are very welcome Jewel!
I used big tortillas and then smaller ones the size of the tostada for the topper rather than cut the big ones up.
What kind of cheese sauce should be used? Is there a homemade recipe for one?
You can find nacho cheese sauce at any grocery store alongside the nacho chips or right here on Amazon. I don’t have a recipe for homemade, just for a regular cheese sauce.
Very good but the heat on medium is way to high. Medium low is plenty.
I want to make this, but how do you “seal” the two tortillas? Use water along edges?
The tortilla is folded in towards the center. If you put the folded side down first to cook, it will cook sealed and you won’t need to add water.
Can’t wait to make this
Thanks for letting me join
Enjoy the recipes Sharon!
Yummy and super easy to make! I added hot cheetos to mine for an extra kick instead of the tostada.
What a fun idea Annie, thanks for sharing!
Made this tonight because my husband loves the crunchwrap. He said it was better made at home! Win win!
That looks so good I can’t wait to fix it
Just a hint I buy a smaller tortilla that are used for small fajitas. That is just perfect for the “lid”
Thank you for the tip Jen!