Salsa chicken one of the easiest (and yummiest) chicken recipes when time, energy, and ingredients are short!
Simply season the chicken and top it with salsa (any kind!) and some cheese. Ready in just over 30 mins, it is a great weeknight meal that the whole family will love!
Why We Love this Recipe
Super flavorful, super easy, and super versatile— what’s not to love? Just season, top, and bake!
A package of chicken breasts, a jar or two of salsa and some cheese, and dinner is ready. This really is a one-size-fits-all recipe!
This recipe calls for chicken breasts but boneless thighs will work.
Premade or homemade taco seasoning. You can increase the heat by tossing in some cayenne or even chipotle powder.
Top with Monterey Jack or pepper jack for some extra spice or cheddar cheese for a classic extra cheesy version!
How to Make Salsa Chicken
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to pull this off (don’t worry, we won’t tell).
- Toss chicken in taco seasoning (I prefer homemade).
- Top with salsa (any kind).
- Bake (per recipe below), sprinkle with cheese, and broil until melted and bubbly!
- add your favorite toppings
- serve with a veggie on the side and some rice
- slice and serve with tortillas taco style (this is a great way to stretch it to feed a crowd)
- add rice and beans and roll it into burritos
- serve leftovers over nachos or as a taco salad for lunch
Chicken for Dinner!
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole – pantry staple ingredients
- Cilantro Lime Chicken – baked, broiled, or grilled!
- Sticky Bourbon Chicken – take-out classic
- Chicken ala King – an easy 30 min meal!
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole – 5 ingredient casserole
Did you enjoy this Salsa Chicken? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
4 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
- 4 small chicken breasts 5-6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups salsa any kind
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or Monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss chicken breasts with taco seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with salsa.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Top with cheese and broil 1-2 minutes.
- Optional: Add your favorite taco toppings as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!