This Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme is packed with yummy ingredients like beef, cheese, tomatoes, and crispy lettuce.
I can’t count how many of these homemade Crunchwrap Supremes I’ve made for my daughter!
Like most fast foods, Crunchwraps taste even better made at home! You can adjust the toppings to be a bit healthier (low-fat cheeses and up the veggies) and even swap out a whole wheat tortilla if you’d like!
A Crunchwrap Supreme is easy to make at home in just a few steps and they’re great to use up leftover taco fillings of any kind!
TORTILLAS A loaded tostada covered with filling is wrapped in a flour tortilla, you’ll need the larger size. Be sure to warm the tortilla in the microwave for a few seconds to keep it from cracking as you wrap it.
FILLING I use ground beef with taco seasoning but any ground meat will work (or even chicken).
Cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes will cover the basics but don’t be afraid to add in your own favorites. Refried beans, sautéed bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, green chilies, and sliced olives!
A tostada is a small crispy flat tortilla, almost like a big round tortilla chip. The crispy tostada is used to separate the hot (beef/cheese) from the cold (lettuce/tomatoes).
If you don’t have a tostada shell, swap it out for tortilla chips. Break off any sharp corners so they don’t rip the tortilla as you fold it and stack them high in your crunchwrap.
How to Make a Crunchwrap Supreme
Here’s where the magic happens! The secret ingredient to a Crunchwrap Supreme is a crunchy tostada (or tostada chips) placed in the center of each tortilla.
- Cook ground beef and seasonings until thickened (per recipe below).
- Add filling to the center of each warmed tortilla. Top with a tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.
- Cut one flour tortilla into quarters (4 pieces) and cut the corners off to make it round (image below).
- Place the triangle of tortilla on top and fold the bottom tortilla up and around the covered tostada.
- Cook Crunchwraps in a bit of oil until they are golden brown and sealed on both sides.
- Because they have fresh veggies and sour cream, they’re best if enjoyed fresh.
- Leftovers can be reheated (the lettuce will not be crisp) in the microwave.
More Mexican Inspired Dishes
- Black Bean Tacos – quick & easy
- Ground Beef Enchiladas – so cheesy & flavorful
- Cilantro Lime Chicken – grilled or baked
- Carne Asada Recipe – marinated in a garlic-lime sauce
- Chicken Taquitos – baked or fried
Did your family love this Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Copycat Crunchwrap Supreme
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ⅔ cup nacho cheese sauce
- 4 tostadas or 2 cups tortilla chips
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large pan. Drain fat. Add ⅓ cup water and taco seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cut one of the flour tortillas into quarters. Cut the corners to be rounded.
- Heat the remaining flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds (this keeps them from cracking).
- Add ¼ cup ground beef to the center of each tortilla. Top with cheese sauce. Add tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese blend.
- Place the ¼ piece of the tortilla in the center and gently fold the tortilla to seal.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet (or to cook all of the crunchwraps at once, preheat a large griddle).
- Place tortillas, seam side down, in the skillet and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)