Sweet and citrusy, with just a little bit of lime juice makes this cilantro lime coleslaw hard to stop eating!
A Fresh Twist on a Favorite
There’s nothing ordinary about cilantro-lime coleslaw!
Unlike a traditional sour cream-based dressing, this coleslaw has fresh, savory, smoky flavors that give it depth! Against the crunch of cabbage, carrots, and jicama the fresh flavors really stand out!
Like a traditional coleslaw this dish has lots of crunchy cabbage and jicama for extra crunch and a sweet finish.
Regular green cabbage is great but I’ve made this with many varieties (napa cabbage is another favorite with a light crisp texture).
Cumin, celery salt and smoked paprika give the dressing its distinctive flavor. Smoked paprika lends the dressing it’s smokiness, but if you don’t have any, you could also add a finely chopped chipotle pepper.
Freshly diced jalapenos, some sliced bell peppers, and a sprinkle of cotija or even feta cheese would all be great.
Add diced green chilies and some wedges of lime for garnish.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
In just a few simple steps, a zesty, nutritious coleslaw like no other will be ready to go!
- Place veggies in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) and toss with coleslaw ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Tips & Storage
- Short on time? While fresh is best, feel free to use bagged coleslaw mix if necessary. The dressing will make it amazing!
- Chill 30 minutes before serving. This allows all the flavors to blend, and creates a juicy dressing and extra crunch! No time? Try placing it in the freezer for no more than 5-10 minutes.
- Keep cilantro-lime coleslaw in a covered container in the refrigerator. It will keep up to 4 days but may produce some liquid. Drain before serving it needed.
More Easy Slaw Recipes
- Red Cabbage Slaw
- Cilantro Jicama Slaw
- Easy Asian Slaw
- Creamy Broccoli Slaw
- Creamy Apple Slaw Recipe
- Dill Pickle Coleslaw
- Bean Sprout Salad
Did your family love this Cilantro Lime Coleslaw? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cilantro Lime Coleslaw
- 4 cups green cabbage shredded, or napa cabbage
- 2 cups jicama julienned or spiralized
- 1 carrot shredded or julienned
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon celery salt
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime juiced
- Place cabbage, jicama, carrot, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss dressing with cabbage mixture. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!