Creamy Broccoli Slaw is a crunchy, crispy, summer addition to any barbecue, picnic, or potluck! Shredded broccoli is mixed with tart granny smith apples, chewy dried cranberries and crunchy sunflower seeds tossed in a simple creamy dressing!
What’s in Broccoli Coleslaw?
Packed with fiber and tons of nutrition, this salad has a colorfully crunchy bite and a tangy taste. Broccoli slaw is a mixture of shredded broccoli stalks with julienned carrots and a bit of purple cabbage.
Broccoli slaw mixture can be purchased at almost any grocery store along with the bagged salads.
- Fruits: granny smith apples, dried cranberries
- Seeds: sunflower seeds
- Dressing: mayo, vinegar, and sugar
To Make Broccoli Slaw…
Make this salad in three easy steps!
- Salad: Cut granny smith apple into julienne matchsticks or small dice. Toss with lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- Dressing: To make the broccoli slaw dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside in the refrigerator so it can chill.
- Combine: Toss all ingredient with chilled dressing to combine.
Refrigerate one hour before serving.
To Store Broccoli Slaw
Creamy broccoli slaw will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator as long as it’s kept tightly covered.
It might need to be drained if it gets a little soggy, but add some extra sunflower seeds for crunch and maybe a dash of vinegar!
Serve It Next To…
Broccoli slaw is such a versatile salad all year long! Scoop over a bed of mixed green lettuce and top with croutons or add into a wrap with slices of cooked bacon or even over pulled pork! Add some creamy crunch to your favorite hamburger.
Serve alongside grilled sausages or as a side to hotdogs for a new twist on a summer barbecue!
More Summer Salads
- Italian Pasta Salad – Reader Favorite!
- Black Bean and Corn Salad – fresh, crunchy & tangy
- Dill Pickle Coleslaw – unique & delicious flavor!
- German Potato Salad – best served warm with bacon!
- Tomato Avocado Salad – ready in 15 mins
Creamy Broccoli Slaw
- 32 oz broccoli slaw mixture
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut granny smith apple in half and remove seeds. Cut into fine julienne slices and toss with lemon juice.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)