Homemade Onion Soup Mix is easy to make, really inexpensive and it tastes great! The best part is you know exactly what goes into it! If you’re looking to avoid MSG, you can find beef bullion without MSG at most health food or organic stores or even online on Amazon! Most grocery stores have a bulk area which is a great place to grab ingredients for this!
Using & Keeping Dry Onion Soup Mix
This can be used to replace an envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix in recipes! It’s great for meatloaf, chicken and french onion dip! And of course to make a simple onion soup!
I usually triple this recipe and keep it in the cupboard! Homemade Onion Soup Mix will keep in the cupboard for about 6 months so it’s easy to mix up a batch so you’ll always have it ready to go!
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
HOMEMADE ONION SOUP MIX
- 1/2 cup onion flakes
- 7 tablespoons beef bullion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredient and seal in an airtight container.
- Store in the cupboard up to 6 months.
- Five tablespoons = 1 packet of soup mix
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More recipes you’ll love