I’ve been making flavored water on a daily basis for a very long time (lots of yummy water ideas here)! I love the subtle taste of the fruits in it and it definitely helps me drink more water! I hadn’t given a ton of thought to the properties of the ingredients. Recently I saw delicious Detox water by Cassey over at Blogilates (she has a couple of other great drinks over there to check out!) I realized that the ingredients in the flavored waters I’d already been making not only taste wonderful but depending on your additions, they also contain properties that are extremely beneficial to your body!
This Slimming Detox Water is filled with so many great ingredients! And even more, it tastes great! I make this water in a large container and sip on it all day long!
Slimming Detox Water Benefits
- Water: The most important ingredient is water! We all know that water is good for us and we also have heard it’s great for weight loss! Keeping hydrated boosts metabolism, aids in digestion, helps fill you up. (Not to mention drinking water is great for skin too).
- Lime & Lemon: These citrus juices help with digestion and relieve bloating! (They have qualities similar to our own digestive enzymes).
- Ginger: Ginger naturally calms the belly! The benefits of ginger are endless! It has anti-inflammatory properties, can help with fat burning and even boosts your immune system!
- Oranges: Of course oranges contain Vitamin C but that’s not all, the carotenoids and flavonoids in oranges help eliminate toxins and stimulate the immune system.
- Mint: Mint stimulates the digestive enzymes, soothes the belly and aids in digestion (and adds a great flavor!)
- Cucumber: Cucumbers contain lots of vitamin A (antioxidants), C and the B vitamins. They are known for flushing out toxins! In addition, the electrolytes in cucumbers can reduce water retention!
Of course water is not a magic weight loss pill, but drinking more water has been proven to be effective in weight loss. So why not add in some wonderful ingredients that not only taste great but have added benefits!
Slimming Detox Water
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber
- 3 ½″ slices fresh ginger
- 25 mint leaves
- 4-6 cups ice
- Water add more or less to taste
- Slice the fruit & cucumbers.
- Fill a large container or beverage dispenser layering ice and the ingredients. Top to 1 gallon with cold water.
- Let steep at least 45 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This post is for informational purposes only and does not contain medical advice or make any claims.
Additional Sources:http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-cucumber.html http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/275944.php