Refreshing and colorful detox water has all the body benefits of water and more!
A simple mixture of ginger, cucumber, and citrus fruits infuse water for a fresh and healthy drink.
Everyone knows how important it is to drink water daily. As healthy as water is and with all its many benefits, few people can get on board with drinking plain water. It’s just so…watery!
What is Detox Water?
It is not technically a weight loss drink, but it is definitely a good start to getting all the health benefits of water and drinking water is an important part of weight loss! It has fresh fruits, veggies, or herbs added to it. It can also be called fruit-flavored or fruit-infused water. Depending on the ingredients, Detox water can help your body release toxins.
Since this is both healthy and natural, as long as the add-ins fit within your dietary needs anyone can enjoy this water. Choose your fave fruits and create your own flavored waters!
Why Drink Detox Water?
Fruit-infused water is refreshing, hydrating, and depending on the ingredients, has some health benefits. Detox water is a fun, colorful way to up-level ordinary water into fancy ‘spa’ water with your fave fruits, veggies, and herbs. It’s definitely a guilt-free way to enjoy a fancy drink without the calories, fat, sugar, or alcohol! Poured into a fancy glass or into a workout bottle, detox water is absolutely delicious!
What’s in Detox Water?
WATER Drinking more water, in general, is always a part of a healthy lifestyle. Tap, distilled, spring, or sparkling waters can be used in this recipe.
- Lime & Lemon These citrus juices help with digestion and relieve bloating!
- Ginger Ginger naturally calms the belly! The benefits of ginger are endless! It has anti-inflammatory properties, can help with fat burning, and even boosts your immune system!
- Oranges Of course oranges contain Vitamin C but that’s not all, the carotenoids and flavonoids in oranges help eliminate toxins and stimulate the immune system.
- Mint Mint stimulates the digestive enzymes, soothes the belly and aids in digestion (and adds a great flavor!)
- Cucumber Cucumbers contain lots of vitamin A (antioxidants), C, and B vitamins. They are known for flushing out toxins! In addition, the electrolytes in cucumbers can reduce water retention!
VARIATIONS Make Detox water with sliced strawberries, peach wedges, fresh or frozen blueberries, or slices of red and green apple or pears. Anything goes for Detox Water!
How to Make Detox Water
There is something so special about ordinary water that is made this way!
- Slice ingredients and add to a large container.
- Fill with water and let chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Pour into a glass, jar, or water bottle and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
PRO TIP: Use a clear glass or water bottle to showcase the beautiful ingredients! The peels of the citrus fruits can become bitter if left too long.
When Should You Drink Detox Water?
There are no hard and fast rules about when to drink Detox water, but first thing in the morning guarantees a great start to the day! Drink Detox water anytime! Have some on hand for when soda pop cravings hit, or serve it as a special summertime drink. It’s also great after a workout or for a cocktail substitute. It’s the perfect way to enjoy learning to drink water.
PRO TIP: Make ice cubes of Detox Water and pop them into plain water or any favorite beverage for a pop of color and a little bit of fruit-flavored goodness!
Best Thirst-Quenching Beverages
- Cucumber Water – only 4 ingredients
- Homemade Lemonade – fave summer drink
- Lemon Water – full of flavor
- Fruit Flavored Waters
- Fresh Homemade Limeade – so easy to make
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade – perfect for a crowd
Did you make this Detox Water? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- ½ cucumber
- 3 ginger ½″ slices, fresh
- 25 mint leaves
- 4-6 cups ice
- water add more or less to taste
- Slice the fruit & cucumbers.
- Fill a large container or beverage dispenser layering ice and the ingredients. Top to 1 gallon with cold water.
- Let steep at least 45 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I love the subtle taste of the fruits in this recipe, it helps me drink more water! This was Detox water was inspired by Cassey at Blogilates.
This post is for informational purposes only and does not contain medical advice or make any claims. Additional Sources:http://juicing-for-health.com/basic-nutrition/healing-vegetables/health-benefits-of-cucumber.html http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/275944.php