This Slow Cooker Turkey Soup recipe loaded with our favorite bean mixture and a amazing cajun flavor. This warm hearty meal-in-a-bowl is the perfect way to enjoy leftover turkey on a chilly day!
The “no-soaking required” method for cooking this slow cooker bean soup is effortless with just minutes of prep creating a delicious and nutritious meal!
Slow Cooker Turkey Soup
I am so excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to bring you this belly warming recipe.
If you have followed my blog before you’ll definitely know how much I love soups from Ham and Bean Soup to Turkey Noodle Soup, Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe because it’s the ultimate comfort food, and the perfect budget friendly meal!
Homemade soup is one of those meals that I love to come home to on a cold day, like a warm hug in a bowl.
I make turkey dinner (or ham) for pretty much every holiday but I also make it when it’s not a holiday so I can reap the benefits of the leftover turkey (the best part in my opinion)!! Leftover turkey is perfect for quick and easy meals and in particular, belly warming soups!
Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
Few things warm the belly from the inside out the way this Cajun Bean Slow Cooker Turkey Soup recipe does! It’s absolutely loaded with flavor and stick to your ribs good.
Because this easy meal cooks in the slow cooker all day long, it’s ready to go when you are making it the perfect ending to a long work day or a welcome way to feed a house full of guests once the turkey dinner is done.
The combination of HamBeens® Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP mix, tender leftover turkey, smoky sausage, and tangy tomatoes all cooked to perfection will fill your tummy and warm your heart! I do have to say, the real secret to this perfectly seasoned soup is the delicious cajun flavor packet included with the beans.
How to Make Turkey Soup in the Slow Cooker
You’ll be amazed at how incredibly easy it is to turn everyday humble ingredients into something extraordinary. Not only does this soup require NO SOAKING, HamBeens Cajun 15 Bean Soup has the best variety of beans which always cook up perfectly!
This recipe makes a nice big batch of soup and it freezes perfectly which is great for busy families (and make ahead lunches).
Cajun Bean Turkey Soup (Slow Cooker) Tips
- Add acidic ingredients (such as canned tomatoes or lemon juice) after the beans have softened. (These ingredients can sometimes interfere with the rehydration process).
- Salt can also interfere with rehydration so it is best added after the beans have softened.
- Smoked turkey adds amazing flavor to this recipe.
- Add tomatoes with chilis for an extra kick if you like spice.
- Any type of smoked sausage works well. Frying your sausage before adding to the soup adds great flavor.
Both the dark and white leftover turkey meat cook to perfection in this recipe. If you don’t have sausage on hand, chopped ham or even crisp fried bacon are great alternatives to add a hint of smokiness.
15 Bean Soup (Slow Cooker)
HamBeens Cajun 15 Bean Soup can be found in the dry bean section of almost any grocery store (or you can order them online). Along with the beans, a seasoning packet is included in each package making it simple and perfectly seasoned every time!
This slow cooker turkey soup recipe comes out nice and thick & hearty, just the way we love it! If you prefer a thinner consistency, add one extra cup of broth or water to your Crock Pot.
While soaking the beans in this recipe definitely is not required, if you have already soaked your beans, you can reduce the liquid in the recipe by 1 cup.
This Cajun Bean turkey soup recipe can be served right out of the Crock Pot with crushed tortillas crowning the bowl, but it’s also delicious served over rice or with a big piece of fresh cornbread for dunking!
This easy turkey soup recipe is the perfect way to enjoy leftovers and one of our all time favorites!
More Soups You’ll Love
- Crock Pot Ham and Bean Soup – Favorite comfort food!
- Turkey Soup
- Taco Soup – Kids love this one!
- Easy Hamburger Soup
- Stuffed Pepper Soup – Flavorful!
- Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
Slow Cooker Turkey Soup (Cajun Bean)
- 1 package HamBeens® Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage sliced
- 2 cups diced leftover turkey
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish optional
- Rinse beans and remove any debris.
- Place beans, onion, pepper, celery, garlic, chicken broth, water, and turkey a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on high 5-7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add seasoning packet, sausage and tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love
I am excited to have partnered with Hurst’s HamBeens® 15 BEAN SOUP® to bring you this belly warming recipe. While I was compensated for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!