If making homemade baked bread isn’t in the schedule but the bread box is empty, we’ve got you covered!
This homemade beer bread recipe makes a perfect crusty loaf in about an hour, using just 5 ingredients! No yeast is required!
This easy recipe yields a loaf perfect for dipping, sandwiches, or toast and jam!
Why We Love Beer Bread
- Beer bread requires no yeast, beer acts as the leavening agent in this recipe.
- This bread really requires no kneading, and no rising time.
- With just a few ingredients, it’s super simple.
- Get creative and add in seasonings, spices, or even cheese or bacon to customize!
Ingredients & Variations
Flour: This easy beer bread recipe uses self-rising flour to make it quick. If you don’t have self-rising flour, I’ve included directions for all-purpose flour in the notes!
Beer: Beer helps this bread rise, and it also adds flavor. Dark beer, like stouts, have a deep flavor, while light beer makes for lighter-tasting bread. Both are great; just use what you have on hand!
Flavorings: This beer bread is a terrific recipe to experiment with since it’s practically foolproof.
- Try adding in some shredded cheese, or add extra honey to make a sweetbread!
- Chopped jalapenos or chilies will spice things up!
- Dried herbs like thyme or rosemary with some chopped sun-dried tomato, a clove of minxe garlic, and parmesan make an Italian-style bread!
How to Make Beer Bread
This is a super simple homemade bread recipe, and the prep is really fast.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl (per the recipe below).
- Spread into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake and enjoy.
Storing Beer Bread
- Store beer bread in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days at room temperature. It is best eaten within 24 hours.
- To freeze beer bread, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
- Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before serving or warm the bread in the microwave or toaster.
- Leftover beer bread can be used to make croutons, breadcrumbs, or even breakfast casserole.
Did you love this Beer Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Beer Bread
- 3 cups self-rising flour or all purpose flour with baking powder, see notes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces beer room temperature
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8″x4″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk self-rising flour and sugar until well combined.
- Add beer, melted butter, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!