These homemade drop biscuits are buttery and fluffy without all of the fuss of rolling dough!
Melt-in-your-mouth, they’re the perfect savory biscuit for soaking up soup, sauce, or gravy. Serve them with butter or top them with jam.
Biscuits Made Easy
A drop biscuit is the perfect quick and easy solution when dinner is on the go! Skip the box mix, these are just as easy!
Light, fluffy biscuits are just six ingredients away!
These easy drop biscuits are an everyday recipe that can be prepared for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Butter Ensure the butter is cold, this creates little pockets that add lift and texture (and of course flavor).
- Milk Again, cold is best. This adds moisture, texture and helps with browning.
- Flour These biscuits use all-purpose flour, you can substitute half with whole wheat flour if preferred.
- Leavening: Baking soda, baking powder, and a little salt to produce airy biscuits with the perfect texture every time!
This recipe is easily up-leveled by switching out the milk for buttermilk or mixing cheddar cheese or herbs into the dough.
How to Make Drop Biscuits
These 6-ingredient biscuits give a new meaning to the words ‘quick and easy’!
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles small peas.
- Add milk a little at a time until the dough is thick but able to be scooped and dropped with a spoon.
- Drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet and bake per recipe below or until the biscuits are lightly browned.
How to Store Leftover Biscuits
- Drop biscuits keep best in a covered container or a zippered bag at room temperature for about 3 days.
- Uncooked biscuits will keep in the freezer for about 3 months as long as they are in a zippered bag—don’t forget to write the date on the outside! Frozen biscuit dough can be baked for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cooked biscuits can be frozen in a zippered bag for up to 2 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
Serve Biscuits With…
- Instant Pot Beef Stew – loaded with tender beef & veggies
- Honey Butter – spread on biscuits for a sweet treat
- Homemade Lentil Chili Recipe – a vegetarian chili
- Creamy Corn Soup – perfect for dunking
- 10 Minute Jam – a snack or dessert the kids will love
Did you love these Easy Drop Biscuits? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Easy Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cold butter
- 1 to 1 ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add cold butter and cut in with a pastry blender until the butter is the size of peas or slightly smaller.
- Add milk a bit at a time stirring after each addition until the dough holds together but is soft enough to be dropped with a spoon.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons to create 12 biscuits.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or lightly browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)