If you’ve ever eaten an Italian Caprese salad, you’ll love this Caprese bruschetta, a traditional Neapolitan recipe. The simple combination of tomatoes with rich olive oil, basil, and mozzarella on crunchy, garlicky toast makes for an amazing burst of incredibly fresh flavor!
It’s similar to Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad, but with a Neapolitan twist. As part of an antipasti platter, it’s perfect for a special Italian brunch.
How to Make Bruschetta Caprese
Don’t let the complex flavors and the elegant name fool you, Bruschetta alla Caprese is not a complicated appetizer to make.
- Combine the ingredients and allow to meld at room temperature. If you can, use good olive oil with this.
- Toast the crostini and rub with a raw garlic clove for great flavor.
- Top the toast with the salad mixture. Add a drizzle it with a balsamic glaze. Drum roll….presenting… Bruschetta Alla Caprese!
Bruschetta makes a great “snacketizer” for having friends over for an evening chat on the deck with a bottle of Chianti.
*Tip: If you or your guests have dairy sensitivities, you can easily prepare this using avocado instead of fresh mozzarella. It’s amazing. Just make sure you coat the chopped avocado in lemon juice before adding it to the salad so it doesn’t go brown.
To Make Ahead
If you know you’ll be in a rush, but you want your bruschetta to be fresh, not mushy, try preparing the ingredients separately, up to 24 hours ahead, and then assemble as directed just before serving:
- Slice the bread and toast, rub it with a peeled clove of garlic, store in a brown bag on the counter.
- Cube the cheese, dice the tomatoes, store in the fridge in separate containers.
- Toss the ingredients just before serving and top with fresh herbs.
To Store Bruschetta
One of the best things about this bruschetta is its freshness, so it’s best to serve it on the day of preparation.
More Fresh Appetizers
- Garden Fresh Bruschetta – my secret recipe!
- Tzatziki Sauce (Yogurt Cucumber Dip) – great on everything!
- Cucumber Bruschetta – one of our favorites
- Easy Shrimp Ceviche Recipe – fresh and delicious
- 3 large ripe tomatoes chopped
- 8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls halved
- 10 medium basil leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 large baguette or Italian bread sliced 1" thick
- 1 large clove fresh garlic minced
- Combine tomatoes, basil, parsley, mozzarella, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic & a dash of salt & pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you prepare the bread.
- Place bread slices under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the bread is very lightly toasted.
- Immediately after removing bread from oven, rub the garlic clove over each slice.
- Top the bread slices with 1/4 cup of the tomato and mozzarella mixture.