This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Caprese Bruschetta
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
I was never a huge fan of fresh mozzarella… until I visited Italy. Rich fresh olive oils, fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes on garlicky toasted bread… This recipe is a trip down memory lane for me.
This takes under 10 minutes to put together and is always a huge hit! Can’t wait for my garden tomatoes to grow because that just makes this recipe even better!
It’s a terrific option for a healthy lunch or snack.
- 1 large baguette or Italian bread , sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 2 large ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 4 medium balls fresh mozzarella (about 7oz total), sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- 10 medium basil leaves , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove fresh garlic
- Salt & Pepper
In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes, basil, parsley, mozzarella, olive oil, red wine vinegar & a dash of salt & pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you prepare the bread.
Place bread slices under broiler for about a minute or in an oven at 350 for about 3 minutes, or until the bread is very lightly toasted.
Immediately after removing bread from oven, rub the garlic clove over each slice.
Top the bread slices with 1/4 cup of the tomato and mozzarella mixture.
Sprinkle with shredded Italian cheeses.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)