Beef and Bok Choy Stir Fry is a quick and delicious version of beef stir fry! Tender pieces of beef and crisp fresh bok choy are coated in a flavorful sauce.
This Bok Choy Stir Fry is made in one skillet so dinner can be ready and on the table in no time at all!
A Quick Stir Fry
- This dish is quick to make with just a handful of ingredients.
- Bok choy is perfect in stir-fries for both great flavor and a tender crisp texture.
- This dish needs just one pan (plus rice or noodles for serving) making it a great weeknight meal.
- You can add extra veggies (bell peppers or broccoli are a great addition).
- While the sauce is a quick homemade sauce, you can use any stir fry sauce (homemade or store bought).
BOK CHOY Bok choy is part of the cabbage family but has sweet undertones to it which makes it great to cook for stir-fries, plus it maintains a little bit of crunch even after cooking. If overcooked, the tender-crisp texture. It can be cut into larger pieces or sliced if desired.
BEEF Marinated beef is both tender and flavorful. It should be added to the skillet along with a savory and spicy sauce.
SAUCE The sauce is made with Hoisin, broth, sriracha, and sesame oil. It’s sweet and savory with a bit of a kick. If you’d prefer you can use a premade stir fry sauce.
All stir fry recipes have the advantage of being excellent ways to use up leftovers!
- Add baby corn, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- Beef can be switched out for chicken, pork, shrimp, or even tofu!
- Serve Bok choy stir fry on top of white rice, brown rice, fried rice, or udon noodles!
How to Cut Bok Choy for Stir Fry
Every part of bok choy can be used!
- Slice an inch from the bottom root of bok choy. Separate the leaves and rinse them. Pat each leaf dry and stack the leaves on top of each other.
- Cut the white stem way from each side of the leaves. Collect the stems and cut them into pieces (about 1/2″ thick).
- Coarsely cut the leaves into 2″ pieces, they’ll shrink as they cook.
How to Make Bok Choy Stir Fry
- Marinate: Marinate steak in soy/cornstarch mixture according to the recipe below.
- Sear Beef: Sear the beef just until browned & set aside.
- Add Veggies: Cook the aromatics (ginger, garlic, & onions) until fragrant. Add bok choy & cook a couple of minutes.
- Add Sauce: Stir in sauce, greens, & beef, cook until thickened.
Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.
Our Fave Stir-Fries
- Sesame Ground Beef Stir Fry – full of fresh veggies
- Stir Fry Veggies – great side dish
- Easy Beef Stir Fry – reader favorite
- Pork Stir Fry – with a homemade pineapple sauce
- Easy Ramen Stir Fry – budget-friendly
- Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry – an easy side dish
- Shrimp Stir Fry – quick & healthy
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry – a family favorite
Did you make this Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry
- 1 pound flank steak or your favorite cut of beef, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 green onions sliced, whites & greens separated
- 4 cups bok choy whites & greens separated
- ½ cup low sodium beef broth or water
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine beef, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside to marinate 20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add half of the beef and cook just until browned, do not overcook. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil if needed.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon oil to the same pan. Add ginger, garlic, and the whites of the onions. Cook just until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add the whites of the bok choy and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce, bok choy greens, and beef. Cook over medium until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with green onion tops and serve over rice.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)