This easy Ground Beef Stir Fry is jam-packed with veggies and lots of flavor!
Ground beef, ginger and garlic are cooked with fresh peppers and cabbage in a quick and easy sauce. This is a favorite twist on a traditional beef stir fry!
BEEF Lean ground beef is the base of this recipe. Be sure to add garlic and ginger before cooking and drain any fat after browning.
VEGETABLES Anything and everything goes. Cook veggies that take longer first (like carrots and celery) and veggies that cook faster can be added later (like peppers).
SAUCE Beef broth and soy sauce make up the base of the sauce while hoisin sauce adds sweetness. A little bit of cornstarch is used as a thickener.
How to Make Ground Beef Stir Fry
Ground beef stir fry comes together in 1, 2, 3 easy steps!
- Combine the sauce ingredients per recipe below.
- Brown the meat, drain any fat. Set aside & keep warm.
- Stir fry onion, celery, & cabbage, then add in all other ingredients & cook until sauce thickens.
Tips for Best Beef Stir Fry
- Before stir-frying, be sure to prepare rice or noodles or make some easy low carb zucchini noodles.
- Prepare all ingredients before starting, this recipe comes together quickly.
- For the best flavor, cook the beef with ginger and garlic.
- The sauce can be substituted for purchased or homemade stir fry sauce.
- Garnish Ground Beef Stir Fry with sliced green onions, toasted or raw sesame seeds, or a sprinkle of dried chilis.
- Leftover Ground Beef Stir Fry can be stored in the refrigerator safely for up to 4 days.
- Reheat on medium-low in a saucepan, and add a little extra water to keep it from sticking.
- leftovers can be frozen but the veggies may lose their crispness. Add a handful of shredded cabbage, coleslaw or bean sprouts when heating.
Stir Fry Favorites
- Pork Stir Fry – with homemade sauce
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry – loaded with fresh veggies
- Shrimp Stir Fry – with zucchini noodles
- Sesame Broccoli Stir Fry – easy side dish
- Easy Ramen Stir Fry – budget-friendly
- Easy Mongolian Beef
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry – ready in 25 minutes
- Chicken Udon Stir Fry
Did you enjoy this Ground Beef Stir Fry? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Sesame Ground Beef Stir Fry
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- ½ cup celery sliced
- ½ cup cabbage sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup water chestnuts sliced and drained, optional
- 4 cups cooked rice or noodles
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook beef in a large skillet with garlic and ginger until no pink remains. Drain any fat and place beef in a small bowl to keep warm.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add onion, celery, and cabbage and cook 3-4 minutes or until it begins to soften. Add peppers and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Add beef, water chestnuts, and sauce back into the pan. Stir to combine. Allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe Adapted Manchak. “Beef Chop Suey”. Recipe. Cooking with Class. Beaumont, AB, 2011. 43. Print.