Shrimp Stir Fry is a quick and healthy meal that everyone loves! Loads of ginger and garlic, fresh veggies and juicy shrimp are tossed in a simple delicious stir fry sauce.
Prep your veggies ahead of time for a quick weeknight meal. Serve this stir fry over a bowl of fluffy rice or your favorite noodles (or even Cauliflower Rice for a great low carb option)!
Easy Take Out at Home
Everyone loves a healthy stir fry including this easy shrimp recipe! Nearly every stir fry recipe can be changed based on what you have on hand!
To make prep faster, check the produce area in your grocery store, many stores carry fresh chopped stir fry veggies.
- Vegetables: Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. Remember to cook harder veggies (like carrots) a little bit before adding the softer veggies (peppers & mushrooms).
- Protein: Add extra protein for a chicken and shrimp stir fry or go light on the protein and make a healthy and crunchy shrimp and broccoli stir fry!
- Flavor: How spicy do you want it? This easy recipe even makes the best shrimp stir fry sauce that you can spice up any way you want to! A dash of chili flakes or sriracha adds a bit of heat.
It’s so easy to toss together, just a bag of frozen shrimp and mixed vegetables and dinner is ready in no time at all!
How to Cook Frozen Shrimp
You can buy precooked frozen shrimp, but I prefer raw for this recipe and they literally take minutes to cook. Whether it’s precooked or raw, take it out of the freezer and place it in a bowl in the fridge so it thaws naturally or run under icy cold water (not warm) just before cooking. Putting frozen shrimp in the microwave to defrost is not recommended.
How to Devein Shrimp: If you are using fresh, raw shrimp, deveining them is a cinch. Most shrimp is already scored across the back spine so all you have to do is separate the shells, grab by the legs and gently pull the shell off. Take the tip of paring knife and gently lift up the black intestine, it should come out in one piece. Rinse and set aside.
Some people think leaving the pink tail on is more attractive, but I’d remove it if you are serving shrimp stir fry to kids. It just makes the stir fry easier to eat.
How to Make Shrimp Stir Fry
Truly one of the easiest meals ever! We prep the veggies ahead and can make this stirfry recipe faster than the rice cooks!
- Prepare the sauce first and set aside.
- Gently saute shrimp until they just turn pink. They’ll cook a little bit more when combined with the sauce so be sure not to overcook them. Remove and set aside.
- Stir fry the veggies (I chose broccoli and peppers but you can use whatever veggies you want).
- Add the shrimp and sauce and cook a few minutes until bubbly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Voila, it’s that easy!
What to Serve with Stir Fry
- Top with sesame seeds, green onions, cilantro
- Serve over rice or noodles
- Serve with Fried Rice
If you have leftovers, chop them up and make an easy fried rice the next day!
Our Favorite Stir Fry Recipes
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry – Better than take out!!
- Stir Fry Veggies – Healthy and easy!
- Beef and Broccoli – Classic stir fry combo!
- Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry – Easy weeknight meal.
- Easy Mongolian Beef – Reader favorite!!
Shrimp Stir Fry
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups mixed vegetables I used peppers and broccoli
- ¾ pound shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger finely chopped or grated
- green onion and sesame seeds for garnish optional
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat in a wok or frying pan. Add shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook just until shrimp turns pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the vegetables and cook until tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds more.
- Stir in shrimp and sauce cook over medium high 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice and garnish as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Love how quick and easy this meal was and even better that it was so delicious! Thanks for the great recipe ❤️
Followed the sauce recipe exactly and was pleasantly surprised how delicious it was after cooking with the veggies and shrimp. I used all colors of peppers, portobello mushrooms, red onion and asparagus, it was a beautiful rainbow of colors. I then used an ancient grain rice mix and plated. Absolutely delicious and so beautiful looking I took pictures. Thanks for this recipe!
That sounds wonderful AJ! I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe.
This was absolutely delicious!!! I used broccoli, mushrooms and sugar snap peas as my vegetables
This recipe was easy and quick to make. The result was a flavorful and fresh tasting
dish that will be in permanent rotation in our house. I used broccoli, red bell pepper
and portabella mushrooms for the vegetable combination. Delicious!
Delicious- thank you so much! I expect I will make this again and again and have already shared your recipe with family members. I had all the ingredients on hand, thankfully. For the veggies I used up crimini mushrooms, red cabbage, broccoli, red onions and carrots, along with fresh garlic. I served it over leftover seasoned brown rice :-) I’m super pleased with the results.
This was delicious, super quick, and easy. I made mine with xl shrimp arranged on top of bed of rice and stir fried veggies. Definitely a keeper.
I love the format of the shrimp stir fry recipe….it is concise , clear and very easy.
This was so easy and yummy
Love it. Great flavor, easy and my four year old son took first bite, gave it thumbs up and said ‘this is definitely good!’
Meant to give a five star rating
We love to hear that, Jane! Children are the truest critics, I am so glad he loved it.
Delish, healthy and simple! Thanks!!
So happy you enjoyed this recipe, Hailey!
This was so flavorful, even with my omitting a few ingredients due to not reading the recipe thoroughly. Can’t wait to taste it WITH ginger, green onions, and sesame seeds. Love the cooking sauce.
If you loved it without it, you will definitely love it with, Wendy!