These little bites are a great way to get your kids to eat fish! You can use almost any fish you’d like, and since they’re baked instead of fried, they’re pretty healthy! Plus, including prep, you can have this dish on the table in under 20 minutes!
Baked Fish Bites with Caper Dill Mayo!
- 1 pound fish fillets (such as flounder or cod), boneless and skinless
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs Italian seasoned
- ¼ cup regular bread crumbs Italian seasoned
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Caper Dill Mayo
- 1 dill pickle small
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and lemon pepper seasoning.
- In another small bowl, mix together the 2 kinds of bread crumbs and the garlic powder.
- Cut the fish fillets into bite sized pieces, about 1 to 2 " big.
- Dip the fish in the lemon pepper mayo mixture, coating both sides, then into the bread crumbs, coating both sides.
- Place them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes, or until the bread crumbs begin to get golden brown and a piece of fish tested with a fork flakes easily. Do not overcook!
Caper Dill Mayo
- Using a knife, carefully remove and discard the peeling from the pickle, then mince the soft inner flesh.
- Add the capers to the minced pickle, and using a fork, crush them together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the mayo, garlic powder, and dried parsley to the pickle/caper mixture and blend well.
- Serve with baked fish bites.