These make an awesome snack for the kids or appetizer for the grown ups! The mixture inside is truly delicious.
I have found two types of egg roll wrappers… one type I have purchase are a little stretchy and doughy… and a second type always seem kind of dry and papery. The stretchy ones work much better, I find the papery ones are dry and sometimes crack. You may have to try a couple brands. Egg roll wrappers are often found in the deli or with the tofu products in the veggie area. Most stores have them but you may need to ask.
Click print here ↓
Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 20 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, or ½ cheese string
- oil for frying
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, bacon, and onion until cooked. Drain any grease.
- Add barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place 1 ½ tablespoons of cheese and 1 ½ tablespoons beef filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup & mustard.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!