These cheeseburger egg rolls are a must-try appetizer or game-day snack!
Seasoned ground beef, cheese, and bacon are wrapped in egg roll wrappers and then air fried or deep-fried until crispy crunchy. Truly decadent and so very good!
This recipe is a fun fusion of a couple of my favorite foods!
What are Cheeseburger Egg Rolls?
Cheeseburger egg rolls are a fun appetizer or snack! I’ve seen them served at Applebees, the Cheesecake Factory, and the Magic Kingdom of Disney but the ones we love best are the ones from our own kitchen!
Egg roll wrappers are filled with a bacon cheeseburger flavored filling, wrapped, and then fried. As simple as that!
An Amazing Appetizer!
- These copycat egg rolls can be made right at home. No need to battle the crowds or wait in line.
- These are such good appetizers to serve to guests.
- Cheeseburger egg rolls can be deep fried or cooked in an air fryer.
- It is so easy to make this copycat recipe. The ingredients are simple and the flavor is perfect!
Ingredients & Variations
Egg Roll Wrappers – Egg roll wrappers are usually found in the freezer section, at the deli, or with the tofu products in the veggie areas. There are various brands, some have a little more stretch and others are a little more dry and papery. The stretchy ones work much better for the folding process, but any wrappers will work! If you don’t see them, ask the grocery because most stores have them.
Ground Beef & Bacon – The filling is lean ground beef with onion. Pre-cooked bacon is easy and a bit less fatty but you can use raw bacon too.
Seasonings – The addition of Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, a touch of mustard and some BBQ sauce give these lots of saucy flavor. We love cheddar cheese but feel free to use Monterey Jack or mozzarella.
How to Make Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
It won’t take long for the family to realize that these are cooking. It will take even less time for these rolls to be eaten!
- Brown ground beef & onions. Stir in the remaining filling ingredients.
- Add a spoonful of filling and some cheese to each egg roll wrapper.
- Roll and air fry or deep fry per the recipe below.
These rolls are the best as leftovers. They will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can also be individually wrapped and frozen and will keep for 3 months in the freezer.
To reheat, add to a frying pan with oil and cook until heated through. They can also be air-fried or baked in the oven until heated through.
So Many Egg Rolls!
- Reuben Egg Rolls – tastes just like a Reuben sandwich
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls – the ultimate appetizer
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls – so easy to make
- Egg Roll in a Bowl – a low carb version
- Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls – better than take out
Did you make these Cheeseburger Egg Rolls? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- 6 cheddar cheese strings
- oil for frying
- If using raw bacon, chop and cook in a medium skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet to a paper towel-lined plate. If using pre-cooked bacon, you can skip this step. Drain the fat (don't clean the pan).
- In the same pan, brown ground beef and onion until cooked. Drain any fat.
- Add barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Taste the seasoning and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place 1 ½ tablespoons of beef filling and ½ of a cheese string in the center of each wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with a little bit of water.
- Fold the tip of the egg roll wrapper to the opposite corner creating a triangle shape. Fold in the sides and gently press. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper and tightly roll. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it often shows on the package too).
- Preheat oil to 350°F (air fryer instructions below). Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Transfer from the oil to a paper towel lined plate. Rest 4-5 minutes before serving. Serve hot with ketchup & mustard.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!