These make an awesome snack for the kids or appetizer for the grown ups! The mixture inside is truly delicious.
I have found two types of egg roll wrappers… one type I have purchase are a little stretchy and doughy… and a second type always seem kind of dry and papery. The stretchy ones work much better, I find the papery ones are dry and sometimes crack. You may have to try a couple brands. Egg roll wrappers are often found in the deli or with the tofu products in the veggie area. Most stores have them but you may need to ask.
Click print here ↓
BACON CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1 2/ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 20 egg roll wrappers mine were 5″x5″
- oil for frying
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, bacon and onion until cooked. Drain any grease.
- Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons beef filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with ketchup & mustard.