Reuben Egg Rolls will take your snack game to the next level with crispy cheesy goodness!
These crispy egg rolls are filled with the flavors of a classic Reuben Sandwich. Corned beef, melty swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and a creamy dressing all tucked in a crispy bundle.
These easy snacks can be cooked in the air fryer or deep fried. Dip them in thousand island dressing for the perfect snack.
A Great Party Snack
We love new twists on old favorites and we cannot get enough of this one! In addition to a pork filling, egg roll wrappers can be filled with anything from cheeseburger filling to cherry cheesecake.
- In this recipe, we wrap up the flavors from a Reuben sandwich and turn them into a crispy handheld snack.
- Prep ahead of time and cook when your guests arrive.
- They can be frozen and cooked right from frozen too.
- These can be deep-fried or cooked in the air fryer until crispy and melty.
CORNED BEEF Leftovers from Corned Beef and Cabbage are great but of course, deli corned beef works just as well (or swap it for pastrami).
SAUERKRAUT Be sure to squeeze the sauerkraut. No sauerkraut? No Problem. Sub in some coleslaw and some pickles!
SWISS CHEESE A Reuben needs Swiss cheese! If you don’t have any use whatever you do have (mozzarella has a nice mild flavor)!
THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING Thousand Island dressing inside blends with the melted cheese for the perfect creamy bite and of course, every great snack needs a great dip!
EGG ROLL WRAPPERS Just wrap the ingredients in one of these crispy little wonders and pop them in the air fryer, oven, or deep fry them on the stove. For tiny snacks, use wonton wrappers!
How to Make Reuben Egg Rolls
- Stack layers of corned beef and cut into strips.
- Divide corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut over the egg roll wrappers and dot the tops with dressing. Sprinkle with caraway seeds if desired.
- Wrap and seal per recipe below.
Cook Reuben egg rolls however you’d like! These can be cooked in the air fryer, deep fryer, or even oven-baked. I’ve included cooking times for all 3 versions below.
Cook in the Air Fryer
- Spray each egg roll with pan release or brush them with oil.
- Place rolls in a single layer in the air fryer and cook according to recipe below.
- Serve hot with extra dressing for dipping.
If air frying, ensure there is plenty of room for air to circulate. Cook in batches if needed.
To Deep Fry Reuben Egg Rolls
The best oil for deep frying egg rolls is peanut oil.
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a saucepan and heat to 350° F.
- Deep fry egg rolls until they are crispy and golden brown, avoid overcrowding the pan so they cook evenly.
- Remove cooked egg rolls with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to dry.
- Place egg rolls on a baking sheet sprayed with pan release at 350° F for 8 minutes.
- Flip them over and bake until they are crispy a browned, another 5-7 minutes.
- Add a little bit of cream cheese to the egg roll wrapper for a creamy bite.
- Swap up the dipping sauce and try horseradish sauce in place of thousand island dressing.
More Egg Rolls We Love
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Crispy Homemade Egg Rolls
- Blueberry Egg Rolls
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
- Blueberry Egg Rolls
Reuben Egg Rolls
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 6 slices corned beef
- 6 slices swiss cheese cut into 1" strips
- 1 ¼ cups sauerkraut drained and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds optional
- 1 cup Thousand Island Dressing divided use
- oil for frying or air frying
- Preheat oil to 375°F or air fryer to 380°F.
- Stack corned beef and cut into thin strips.
- Lay egg roll wrappers with a corner pointed toward you. Divide corned beef, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut over the wrappers. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and sprinkle with caraway seeds if using.
- Dip your finger in water and run it along the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the two sides in and tightly roll the egg roll. Seal the edges.
- If air frying, brush each egg roll with vegetable oil (or spray with cooking spray) and place in a single layer, seam side down. See below for oven or deep fryer instructions.
- Cook 7 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Serve with remaining dressing for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I am having a ball reading and making new recipes/dishes. I am going to walk fast to get going on a tasty dinner.