If you love Jalapeno poppers.. you are going to go crazy for these! Crispy, creamy, cheesy and spicy… pretty much everything you need to concoct the perfect bite!
I’m kind of addicted to spice.. I use Sriracha like ketchup and can’t really eat anything without adding some sort of heat to it. One of the all time favorite recipes on this site is Jalapeno Popper Dip so I know you guys like it a little spicy too!
This appetizer is easy to make, you’ll want to make sure the cheese is really well sealed so it doesn’t leak into the oil causing splatters. These egg rolls are mini (about 2″ long) so they use wonton wrappers and not egg roll wrappers. Wonton wrappers can be found in most grocery stores in the produce area (or near the tofu). If you don’t see them, be sure to ask because most stores do have them!
Things you’ll need for this recipe
MINI JALAPENO POPPER EGG ROLLS
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 4 oz canned jalapeño peppers diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar, jalapeño peppers, garlic powder and green onions.
- Place each wonton wrapper diagonally and add 1 tablespoon of filling. Brush a little bit of water on the edge of the wrapper and fold in half pinching to seal. Fold the sides in and roll the egg roll ensuring it is completely sealed.
- Drop each egg roll into the hot oil for about 3 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Caution: the filling will be hot! Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Other recipes you’ll love: