Frozen Tater Tots turn out just as good as deep-fried when cooked in the air fryer (with less mess and calories).
Everyone loves a plate full of golden, crispy tater tots, and if you don’t have time to make homemade tater tots, cook up a batch of frozen tots! They’re perfect for game night, movie night, or serve alongside sloppy joes!
New to Air Frying? Check out our favorite Air Fryer here.
Find everything air fryer here including our best tips, tricks, and recipes.
View all Air Fryer Recipes here.
How to Air Fry Frozen Tater Tots
Tater tots in the air fryer are easy peasy, especially from frozen!
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the tots in a single layer in the basket & cook (per recipe below).
- Shake the basket halfway through the cooking time so they get crisped evenly all around.
- cook frozen tater tots in the air fryer 14-16 min
- reheat cooked tater tots for 3-4 minutes
- cook homemade tater tots for 7-9 minutes
Variations & Dips
DIP Dips & dressings? Yes, please!
Air Fried Faves
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower – a healthy snack
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks – freezer friendly
- Rosemary Air Fryer Potato Wedges – loaded with flavor
- Air Fryer Nachos – so easy to make
- Homemade Air Fryer Pizza Rolls – a kid favorite
Did you make these Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots (1 bag)
- salt or seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Place tater tots in a single layer in the air fryer basket cooking them for 8 minutes.
- Shake the basket gently making sure not to break them, and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until tater tots reach desired crispness. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.