If you’ve never had Chocolate Ganache before, you need to! Ganache is a lush, rich and chocolatey dessert topping that sounds fancy and tastes fancy… but the great thing is that ganache so easy to make!
Ganache is the Ultimate Dessert Topping
You are literally just 2 ingredients and 5 minutes away from this amazingness. Once the ganache is whisked, it can be immediately poured over a dessert (like Cookie Dough Brownies or Chocolate Orange Pie) for a silky covering. If you let it sit at room temperature it can also be piped for an amazingly rich dessert topping!
What is Chocolate Ganache?
Chocolate Ganache is a rich and lush dessert topping, almost like a glaze. The difference between a ganache and a glaze is the ingredients (and flavor). Chocolate ganache needs just two ingredients (cream and chocolate) although some bakers add a bit of butter as well.
Once combined, the result is very silky and rich and can be poured, piped or spread over your favorite Chocolate Cakes.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
This topping couldn’t be easier to make!
- Combine chocolate and hot cream. Allow to sit undisturbed for a few minutes.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Pour or pipe onto desserts. Easy right?
If you are pouring the ganache, you are going to want to let it cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before refrigerating. This helps keep it nice and shiny. Chocolate ganache can also be whipped with a hand mixer to make an amazing Chocolate frosting!
How to Pipe Chocolate Ganache
Once your ganache has cooled to room temperature, it can be piped. Check the consistency by using a spoon and scooping little bit out, if it will hold a peak, it’s ready.
Place the ganache into a piping bag and simply pipe onto your desserts. If you’d prefer a fluffy ganache frosting, mix it with a hand mixer.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Ganache?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate ganache. I would suggest placing a layer of plastic wrap on the surface. Cover or seal it tightly and freeze. Chocolate Ganache should be defrosted in the fridge overnight and then allow it to sit at room temperature for a few hours before using.
More Chocolate Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Banana Bread – Popular recipe!
- Baileys Brownies
- Peppermint Brownies
- Zucchini Brownies with 1 Minute Frosting – So moist!
- Chocolate Banana Cake
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake – Classic dessert recipe!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat heavy cream to boiling. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 4 minutes without stirring. Whisk until the mixture becomes dark and thick.
- Ganache can immediately be poured over squares or cakes or it can be cooled to room temperature and piped.