Love it? Pin it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
When I saw this dish over at Joyously Domestic, my mouth started watering! I knew I had to give it a try but I wanted to make it into a one dish meal by adding some protein!
Here’s a great dish that the whole family will love! In this recipe I leave the skin on the potatoes because I love the flavor the potato skin adds! The ranch dressing in this recipe can be store bought (like Hidden Valley) but I much prefer to use homemade ranch dressing… not only does it taste great, but it is a little bit healthier!
This is yet another recipe that can easily be tailored to what is in your fridge…
- rotisserie chicken
- ground beef and taco seasoning
- add in peppers
- broccoli & cheddar
- mushrooms, peas and ham with swiss cheese!
The possibilities are endless!
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did!
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- ½ cup ranch dressing (store bought or homemade)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese, divided (cheddar or your favorite blend)
- 8 slices of bacon cooked crisp & crumbled
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon each pepper, garlic powder, dill and parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over medium heat, fry chicken until no pink remains (about 6-8 minutes).
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite sized cubes. I left the skin on my potatoes (extra flavor and fiber!).
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, ranch dressing, ¼ cup cheese, bacon, green onions and seasonings. Toss until mixed through.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Uncover pan and top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake an additional 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and cheese is browned and bubbly.
This recipe was inspired by Joyously Domestic! Be sure to pop by and check out Angela’s version!