Not only is this chicken super easy, the topping is amazing!! A crispy Panko crusted chicken breast smothered in a delicious and cheesy jalapeno popper topping!
I used fresh jalapenos in this recipe … and I really love spice so I added double the amount of diced jalapeno! If you only have the jarred jalapenos, those will work just fine too!
Jalapeno Popper Smothered Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons fresh diced jalapeno peppers (more if desired)
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 oz sharp grated cheddar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine diced jalapeno peppers, crumbled bacon, cream cheese and grated cheddar in a small bowl.
- In second bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder and paprika.
- Beat flour with egg. Dip chicken into beaten egg and then into Panko bread crumbs. Place on a foil lined pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Divide jalapeno topping into 4 equal servings and press on the top of each chicken breast.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!