This is an awesome recipe for Taco Lasagna! You can use either ground beef or turkey (I used turkey in mine for a lightened up version)!
The addition of refried beans fills this with fiber and flavor! Feel free to sneak other chopped veggies into the sauce along with the peppers, nobody will even know they’re there!
I use fresh lasagna noodles in this recipe… you do not have to boil fresh lasagna noodles, you can just use them right out of the package which saves time and dishes.
- 1 lb . ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1 green bell pepper , finely diced
- 28 oz low sodium diced canned tomatoes
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 package fresh lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Green Onions
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef/turkey, onion and garlic. Stir in taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Cook until water is evaporated.
- Add green pepper, undrained tomatoes and refried beans. Let simmer 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, cumin and egg. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer in the following order: 1 cup of sauce, noodles to fit pan, 3 cups sauce, noodles to fit pan, cottage cheese mixture, 1 cup of each cheddar and mozzarella, noodles to fit, remaining 2 cups sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, add remaining cheeses and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)