This Strawberries and Cream Cake features a fluffy pink Strawberry cake with a rich creamy topping and topped off with fresh strawberries! This cake is as pretty and delicious as it is easy to make.
Is there anything in the whole world that says, “hello spring,” like luscious, juicy, ripe strawberries? I adore strawberries and my family can’t get enough of them. When they’re mixed in a delicious cake, we’re the happiest campers in the world.
Here’s a cake that really brings that happiness to everyone. This cake is bursting with strawberry flavor and while the exterior is a nice golden color, when cut open, it has a gorgeous bright pink interior. Not only is this cake a beauty queen, just wait until you taste how incredibly moist it is! Oh, and if all of that is not enough, the creamy topping is to die for delicious!
The cake starts with a cake mix that is enhanced with easy items you probably already have in your pantry. Then a small package of Jell-O and a full cup of fresh chopped strawberries are added to boost the strawberry flavor. These convenience items make the preparation quick and easy. I love doctored cake mix recipes, don’t you?
Ingredients: Disregard the package directions for both the cake mix and the Jell-O and simply add them when called for in the recipe.
Baking: This cake releases nicely from a nonstick bundt pan but you’ll want to be sure to use a nonstick spray specifically made for baking.
Pan: Make sure you use a heavy duty bundt pan that has a minimum of 12 cup capacity. As this cake has a lot of batter, I strongly suggest placing it on a rimmed sheet before baking.
Source: Cake–Southern Living, Creamy Topping– Lil Luna
Strawberries and Cream Cake
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 (3 Ounce) Box Strawberry Jell-O
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Strawberries , Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Creamy Topping:
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese , Softened
- 1/4 Cup Butter , Softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (3.4 Ounce) Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-14 cup nonstick Tube pan with Bakers Joy nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix all the cake ingredients on low until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place in preheated oven for 1 hour-- 1 1/2 hours or until bamboo skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Place cake in pan on wire rack and cool 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese and butter, with a mixer, in a medium bowl, until completely smooth. Mix in powdered sugar. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Mix together the pudding mix, milk, and vanilla, in a separate bowl until it begins to thicken. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Cut completely cooled cake in half. Spread half the creamy topping on the bottom layer. Top with the second layer of cake. Spread remaining creamy topping on top. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Top decoratively with sliced strawberries.
More delicious recipes you’ll love:
This super delicious salad is absolutely loaded with strawberries tossed in a thick, rich and creamy cheesecake mixture ,then topped off with a yummy graham cracker crust crumble!