These Strawberry Mousse Trifles are a fun no bake treat bursting with red berries, pound cake, strawberry mousse, and sprinkles!
It’s strawberry season here in Maine, which means I’m pretty much looking for any excuse I can find to eat ALL of them! And by excuse, I mean fun recipes like this one! To me, strawberries are the ultimate summer food, their bright flavor and sweet juice lends beautifully to almost anything: desserts, breakfast, salads, sauces, and even quesadillas! <— Seriously, try it out!
And since it’s summer, no one wants to be turning on that oven to bake, which is why this no bake recipe is perfect for summer occasions as well as year round for baby and bridal showers. You can make these trifles in individual cups or in a large trifle dish, both are great options for a party!
These trifles are made with just a handful of ingredients and they’re fast and easy to throw together! A pound cake is cubed up, strawberries are diced up, and heavy cream is whipped up with pudding mix and confectioners’ sugar. The pound cake works as a nice base for the recipe, I like using the Sara Lee pound cakes you find in the freezer section, just let them sit out for 10 minutes and you can easily cut them up. The strawberries add a juicy pop of flavor and the strawberry whipped cream adds a fun sweet note to the dish!
To assemble, you really just layer everything into the dish or dishes. This recipe will fill a large trifle dish or about a dozen small dishes, though this can vary based on the size of your cups. You should also note that you’ll want to cut your cubes bigger for a large trifle and smaller for the individual ones.
Strawberry Mousse Trifles
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup Strawberries & Creme Jello-O pudding mix dry
- 1 16 oz frozen pound cake thawed and diced
- 2 quarts strawberries diced
- Whipped Cream
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and pudding mix on medium-high until light and fluffy. A large bowl and a hand mixer can be used, but it will not aerate the whipped cream as well and you will likely have to make a double batch.
- Assemble your trifle(s) by layering cubes of pound cake, followed by a layer of strawberries, followed by a layer of strawberry mousse.
- Repeat the layers and top with whipped cream, a strawberry, and sprinkles if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Want more strawberry goodness? Check out these great recipes!