Homemade Sesame Ginger Dressing is created out of ingredients like sriracha, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. This easy concoction will give your salads an Asian flair.
To Make Sesame Ginger Dressing
If you can shake a jar, then you can make sesame ginger dressing! With just a bit of prepping and two easy steps it’s ready to go!
- Squeeze a lime, mince a clove of garlic and grate some ginger.
- Measure and add each ingredient (per recipe below) into a jar or cruet and shake to blend.
Toasted sesame oil imparts a fabulous nutty taste, complemented by a spicy kick from the sriracha sauce. Lime juice is ideal, but you can use lemon instead if that’s all you have on hand.
You could use any red chili sauce, but if you’ve never cooked with sriracha before, let this recipe be your introduction to this fabulous Thai condiment! Made from chilies, garlic, sugar and vinegar, sriracha’s unique flavor has caused it to explode in popularity and become a staple in many kitchens worldwide.
How to Store Sesame Ginger Dressing
Store sesame ginger dressing in a glass jar or salad dressing cruet for easy dispensing.
How Long Will It Last? Homemade Sesame dressing should be refrigerated right after making and be kept in the refrigerator for only 2-3 days. If stored longer, there is a risk that the garlic, which has extremely low acidity, may produce botulism, a serious toxin, and this is not worth the risk.
Other Great Uses
Use sesame ginger dressing on any fresh tossed salad or pasta salads. It also makes a nice dipping sauce for breads or crispy noodles. I love it mixed in with hot Ramen noodles or sprinkled over basmati rice. It’s also a great enhancement for meats, like pulled pork or shredded chicken.
Adapt this recipe for use in baked Asian chicken wings by mixing it with 3 tablespoons of honey. Coat the chicken wings and bake until crispy and caramelized.
More Easy Salad Dressings
- Italian Dressing – just 5 simple ingredients
- Honey Mustard Dressing – tangy vinaigrette!
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – great dressing, marinade or dipping sauce!
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing – rich & creamy vinaigrette!
- Fresh Lemon Dressing – simple & zesty
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds optional
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Enjoy over salads, as a marinade, in stir fries or as a dip.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!