This Classic Spinach Salad recipe is topped with bacon, red onion, fresh mushrooms & boiled eggs. An easy homemade poppy seed dressing this is the perfect complement. This makes a delicious side or is great with grilled chicken for a complete meal.
I love spinach salad and I always have! My mom used to make it loaded up with goodies like eggs, bacon and mushrooms! It could literally be a meal on it’s own!
This Spinach Salad is topped with an easy homemade Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing recipe. The great thing is that this dressing is a vinaigrette meaning it has no dairy yet it’s still rich and creamy. If you’ve never made your own dressing, it’s something you’ve got to try. It’s really easy and it tastes SO much better than bottled dressing (I could almost drink this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing).
One of the things to keep in mind when making the dressing is that you’ll want to be adding the oil as slowly as you possibly can to allow the mixture to emulsify (or thicken). This is the same technique used when making mayonnaise. This dressing will keep in the fridge for about 3 days but once you try it you’ll be wanting salad for every meal so likely it’ll be long gone before then!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
* hand blender * dijon * poppy seeds *
Spinach Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 egg room temperature
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 10 oz spinach
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ red onion hinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Place egg in a small container with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar. While blending on low (with a blender or hand mixer) pour in olive oil and canola oil as slowly as possible.
- Add in remaining vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic powder and black pepper. Pulse until mixed. Stir in poppy seeds and salt to taste.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except eggs in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Add sliced eggs and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!