Roasted Rainbow Carrots are a great side that needs little prep and adds a punch of color to your plate!
These are colorful and come out perfectly tender-crisp for an eye-catching side dish!
What are Rainbow Carrots?
Orange carrots are the common color for this uber-healthy tuber, but carrots can also come in jewel-tone colors like purple, yellow, red, and even white.
They’re found in most grocery stores in the produce section.
We love ’em because….
- Obviously, they’re gorgeous!!
- This dish is budget friendly, easy and can be prepared ahead of time.
- A handful of very simple ingredients makes for a delicious dish.
- Roasting vegetables from Brussels sprouts to carrots, or even potatoes adds great flavor!
And they are just perfect for Easter or any other special holiday! Serve next to ham, crispy breaded pork chops, or even meatloaf.
Three easy ingredients and some salt and pepper are all you need for this super quick recipe!
CARROTS Rainbow carrots can be replaced with regular orange carrots (or even baby carrots).
SWEETNESS Brown sugar can be replaced with honey or maple syrup.
How to Make Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Toss in oil, brown sugar and seasonings (per recipe below).
- Roast on a baking sheet, stirring once in the middle of cooking time.
PRO TIP: Fresh garden carrots will cook faster than store-bought carrots.
Can You Make Ahead?
Roasted rainbow carrots are a great make-ahead side dish! Prep the carrots (and you can even toss with the other ingredients) up to 2 days ahead of time. Cook as directed.
Keep roasted rainbow carrots in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat them in the microwave or under the broiler.
So Many Side Dishes!
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – tender & crispy
- Spinach Gratin – use fresh or frozen spinach
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts – only 5 easy ingredients
- Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes – sweet & flavorful
- Roasted Summer Squash – ready in 25 minutes
- Brown Sugar Carrots – so easy & sweet
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips – roasted to perfection
Did you love these Roasted Rainbow Carrots? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 1 ½ pounds rainbow carrots or small carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Peel carrots and cut them in half lengthwise. *see note
- Toss carrots with olive oil and brown sugar. Season with salt & pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking pan and roast 15 minutes.
- Stir and roast an additional 10-15 minutes or just until tender when pierced with a fork.
Freshness: Fresh garden carrots will need less time. Older carrots or grocery store carrots can be a bit drier and may need a bit of extra time.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I made these tonight to go with baked chicken thighs. They were good, but refused to brown like your picture. I even tried broiling. No cute burned spots. Is there something you’re not telling us?
We find you get the most browning where the carrots come in contact with the pan. So for ease of clean up we suggest using a parchment-lined pan, but if you want more browning on your carrots I would skip the parchment. Additionally, did you use the full amount of oil? You want to make sure the carrots are generously oiled. I hope this helps Bob!