Roasted Carrots and Parsnips are an easy way to enjoy root veggies. Sweet carrots & parsnips are tossed with seasonings and roasted to perfection!
Similar in shape, these veggies have different colors and slightly different flavors and textures. A cozy side next to any meal.
Perfectly Roasted Veggies
- Roasting vegetables increases their sweet flavor while making them crispy, tender, and delicious. And roasting doesn’t just need to be applied to potatoes. Roasting is great for so many veggies from cauliflower to sweet potatoes.
- With just two simple vegetables – carrots and parsnips – this recipe is really easy to prepare. Just peel, cut, and then toss with the oil, salt, and brown sugar.
- They also don’t take long to cook – just 20-30 minutes.
Ingredients & Variations
PARSNIPS: These long carrot-like vegetables can be found in the produce section of the supermarket. Generally, they are sold in bags like carrots. They are long and thin like a carrot, however, they are more off-white and creamy. It is best to peel them and cut off the ends before cooking.
CARROTS: Carrots are such a cheap and versatile vegetable. They are great for munching on raw, but they are also great for roasting. In the fall carrots are at their sweetness, especially when purchased at farmer’s markets.
VARIATIONS: Brown sugar can be substituted with a drizzling of melted honey or maple syrup. Switch up this recipe by adding some balsamic vinegar, this would give these roasted vegetables more of a glaze. Toss in a potato, brussels sprouts, or onion for more variety.
How to Make Carrots and Parsnips
Make a new side with this carrots and parsnips recipe!
- Peel & cut the carrots & parsnips into 2″ pieces.
- Toss veggies with remaining ingredients (per recipe below).
- Roast until tender.
Roasted vegetables will last in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. They are also great to freeze & will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Thaw & reheat under the broiler until heated through, or toss in the microwave.
Entrèes to Pair with Roasted Veggies
- Pot Roast – so tender & flavorful
- Roasted Split Chicken Breast – 5 simple ingredients
- Ribeye Steaks – perfect every time
- Meatloaf – a reader favorite
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast – juicy & tender
Did you make these Carrots & Parsnips? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 4 carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel carrots and parsnips and cut into approximately 2" pieces. Cut the thicker pieces in half lengthwise.
- Toss all ingredients together and spread onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake 20-30 minutes depending on the size or until carrots and parsnips are tender-crisp.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.