If you’re looking for a delicious and super easy side, you’ve found it!
Brown sugar carrots need just one pot and 15 minutes. They are perfectly tender-crisp, sweet, and caramelized.
An Easy Side
Brown sugar glazed carrots are the one-pot stovetop solution for a quick side dish! Carrots are inexpensive and last a long time in the fridge so we always have everything we need on hand for this recipe!
The ingredients list for this recipe is small but the flavor is big!
- Carrots – I use regular grocery store carrots in this recipe as they’re what I always have on hand. Baby carrots work as well. Choose baby carrots or garden carrots for more sweetness.
- Butter – Use either salted or unsalted butter and season with additional salt (and a sprinkle of pepper if you’d like).
- Brown Sugar – Light or dark brown sugar work well in this recipe. Dark has more flavor.
Garden fresh or young baby carrots will need less time to cook while older or larger carrots might need more time. Test the carrots with a fork early to ensure they don’t overcook.
How to Make Brown Sugar Carrots
- Cook Carrots: Steam or boil carrots just until tender. Drain well.
- Add sugar: Add brown sugar and butter (per the recipe below) and cook until melted.
- Serve warm.
- Baby carrots, fresh peeled and sliced carrots, or even sliced frozen carrots will work.
- A pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice can be added to this recipe.
- For a honey-glazed version, switch out the brown sugar for honey and add a touch of cinnamon as a garnish before serving. Maple syrup will work too.
- Leftovers will last up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Reheat brown sugar carrots in the microwave or on the stovetop with a tablespoon of butter. Adjust seasonings and serve.
What to Serve with Glazed Carrots
Glazed carrots are sweet and savory and they go with any kind of entrée and are the perfect side for Thanksgiving, Easter, or even Christmas dinner.
Did you love these Brown Sugar Carrots? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Brown Sugar Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Peel carrots and cut them into ½-inch slices.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and simmer 5-6 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp (do not overcook). Drain well.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and salt to the same pot. Toss with carrots and cook until melted and smooth.
- Serve warm.
- Microwave: Place carrots in a microwave-safe bowl with about one inch of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke some holes in the top. Cook on high for about 4-5 minutes or until the carrots are tender crisp. Remove plastic away from your face to avoid the steam and be careful, the steam can burn your hand.
- Stove Top: Place carrots in a steamer basket in a saucepan with about one inch of water. Cover the saucepan and cook on high until the carrots are tender about 6-7 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!