There’s nothing better than a dish piled high with glazed brown sugar sweet potatoes! Tender sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, and warm spices baked until golden.
Sweet and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, this recipe is a dream when a delicious side dish is in order!
We love recipes that do double-duty both in the kitchen and on the table!
SWEET POTATOES are the star here but you can also add in butternut squash (or other winter squashes or root veggies) if sweet potatoes are hard to find.
FLAVORS The creamy addition of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and just a pinch of salt makes them taste like candy!
Of course, we love to inspire our fellow cooks with fun ideas (and if you have any great additions, leave them below)!
- Once the sweet potatoes are roasted, add a few mini marshmallows and toasted pecans, and place under the broiler until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add in some apples to the mixture about 15 minutes before they’re done.
- Chop some raw bacon and toss it with the sweet potatoes for the perfect salty sweet dish.
How to Make Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Brown sugar sweet potatoes are one of the simplest things the chef can make during the holidays, but it’s one side dish that’s not to be missed.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and spread on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Roast according to recipe below.
Sweet Potato Favorites
- Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole – the perfect holiday side dish
- Boiled Sweet Potatoes – foolproof recipe
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes – so easy to make
- Crockpot Sweet Potato Casserole – topped with pecans
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes – sweet & savory
Did you make these Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into 1" cubes and toss with remaining ingredients including the butter.
- Roast on prepared baking sheet for 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring after the first 20 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
For the brown sugar glaze in a sauce pan use a 16 ounce can of pineapple in it”s juice; add the juice to the butter, brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon; then add the pineapple. Bring this to a boil continue stirring until thickened like a glaze. Pour the mixture over the cut sweet potatoes in a 9×11 baking casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with marshmallows. Follow the baking instructions. bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes; Please stir after 20 minutes. Remove foil by lifting the side away from your face, so the steam doesn’t burn your face. You may add a few more marshmallows after stirring for an accent. Replace foil and finish cooking for 25 minutes. Sweet potatoes need to be 135-170 degrees in the center to be fully cooked. ( cook until tender, yet firm)..
That sounds delicious Kathleen, thanks for sharing!