Raisin Bran Muffins warm and fresh from the oven are the perfect way to start your day! A tender bran crumb with juicy raisins, these muffins are sweetened with a hint of molasses for flavor!
Great for breakfast (along with some make ahead egg muffins for a savory treat), a snack or even in a gift basket for a new mom, these moist morsels take the cake…or muffin!
How to Make Raisin Bran Muffins
There’s always a good recipe out there for raisin bran muffins including banana bran or blueberry bran muffins. Making them yourself takes the guesswork out of factory added sugars, preservatives, and additives.
- Preheat the oven and prepare muffin tins with liners.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars until smooth and add molasses. Stir in dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. When wooden pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, they are done and ready to enjoy!
How to Keep Muffins from Drying Out
To keep your raisin wheat bran muffins from drying out, place them in a single layer in an airtight container. You can also store them in a plastic bag as long as they aren’t being crushed together.
How to Store Raisin Bran Muffins
Keep your muffins at room temperature in a plastic bag or container with a seal. That way they’ll be ready to grab and go at a moment’s notice!
How Long Do They Last?
Because they are homemade and not made from a box, raisin bran muffins will last only about a week if they aren’t snapped up first! If in doubt, make an extra batch and once they are completely cooled, freeze some in a labeled plastic bag – since they’ll freeze perfectly!
To thaw, just leave them out for about an hour and they’ll be just as good as they were from the oven!
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
- Blueberry Bran Muffins – another tasty one!
- Banana Muffins – super easy
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – great for autumn!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins – my personal favorite
- Easy Banana Bran Muffins – so moist
Raisin Bran Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with papers or grease well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and raisins in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Combine shortening and sugars with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Add molasses and eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Stir in milk and bran. Add dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Divide over prepared pans and bake 18-20 minutes.