Homemade avocado ranch dressing is tangy, creamy, and oh, so yummy!
Everyone loves a great ranch dressing for everything from salads to dipping pizza crust. Adding avocado to the mix makes it velvety, rich, and is 1000x better than any store bought avocado dressing I’ve tried.
A Dressing or Topping
We love dressings that do double or even triple duty!
- Drizzle this dressing over a tossed salad or use it in an avocado pasta salad.
- It makes for a great dip for fresh veggies, crackers or even pita.
- Use it to top your favorite chicken tacos or fajitas!
AVOCADO Of course creamy avocado (with all the nutrition benefits!) is the real MVP here.
DAIRY & MAYO Mayonnaise & sour cream are typical in a creamy dressing and add both texture and a nice tangy flavor. A splash of milk thins this dressing for salads. To cut a few calories, switch out the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
LEMON No lemon? Switch out for lime juice, or a little white vinegar. Something acidic is needed to help keep the avocado from turning brown.
How to Make Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Peel avocado & puree with sour cream in a food processor (or a blender).
- Add mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, & onion powder; pulse until smooth.
- Stir in fresh herbs, salt, & pepper. Add milk a little at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Keep in a salad dressing cruet or a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid, chill at least 30 minutes before using.
Adding mayonnaise to the dip and processing for too long (when blending the avocado smooth) can change the texture and cause it to separate. Mix the sour cream and avocado until smooth and then add the mayo. Perfectly smooth!
This can be left thick as a dip or thinned out for drizzling or tossing with salads. If you have buttermilk on hand, it adds nice tang!
How to Store
Avocado ranch dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days, but we’re sure you’ll use it up before then!
Delicious Dressings & Dips
- Spinach Salad Dressing – ready in 15 minutes
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce – fresh & flavorful
- Cilantro Lime Dressing – a Mexican-inspired favorite
- French Onion Dip – made from scratch
- Sesame Ginger Dressing – so easy to make
- Strawberry Salad Dressing – so bright & colorful
Did you love this Avocado Ranch Dressing? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper each
- ½ cup milk or as needed
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit.
- Combine avocado and sour cream in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and onion powder. Pulse to combine.
- Stir in fresh herbs & salt & pepper. Add milk to reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)