Chicken Caesar Salad is an easy favorite dinner or lunch. Juicy seasoned chicken breasts served over a crisp salad with a quick caesar dressing.
This is the perfect meal sized salad and full of flavor. Serve with garlic toast.
A Hearty Salad
- Make the dressing well ahead of time (up to 4 days) for a quick meal.
- Pre-washed lettuce is a time saver.
- Swap out seasoned chicken in the recipe below for either rotisserie or grilled chicken if desired.
- Tuck into a wrap for a handheld meal!
CHICKEN Fresh chicken breasts are pan-fried in this recipe. We season with our homemade cajun seasoning.
ROMAINE Loads of fresh crisp romaine lettuce, homemade croutons, and Parmesan are standard. Of course, kale makes a great caesar salad too. While it’s not typical, I sometimes slice fresh mushrooms into this salad!
DRESSING Use your favorite caesar dressing, I’ve kept it simple with a shortcut dressing. Lots of flavor with little prep.
ADDITIONS I add heaps of croutons (really my fave part of a salad). Other great additions include crispy capers (pan fry in a touch of olive oil), bacon or bacon bits. Grilled shrimp or even jammy eggs (easy to make in the air fryer).
How to Make Chicken Caesar Salad
- Season & pan-fry chicken in a skillet per recipe below then bake in the oven.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut romaine into bite-sized pieces & add croutons, Parmesan cheese, & chicken. Toss & serve!
Tips & Tricks
- Chicken can be grilled instead of baked, place seasoned breasts on a medium heated grill and cook for about 12 minutes on each side.
- The best time to assemble a chicken Caesar salad is right before it’s being served. This ensures that the lettuce is at its maximum crispiness, and the chicken is still moist and juicy. Make sure the chicken is cool before adding to lettuce.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Wash the lettuce, combine the dressing and measure the rest of the ingredients.
More Caesar Inspiration
- Caesar Salad – classic perfection
- Caesar Pasta Salad
- Caesar Chicken Pasta
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
Did you love this Chicken Caesar Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning* or to taste
- 8 cups romaine lettuce washed, dried
- 1 ½ cups croutons
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Combine all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the chicken breasts and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small bowl. Season with cajun spice, making sure to cover all of the chicken.
- Heat up a large pan with remaining olive oil, add the chicken once hot and cook on each side ensuring that a dark crust is forming, "blackening" the chicken.
- Cook until chicken has reached 165°F internally or place in the oven to finish them.
- Once cooled, cut chicken breasts into slices.
- In a large bowl, cut romaine lettuce into bite size pieces. Add croutons, parmesan cheese, and prepared chicken. Top with dressing and toss.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!