As much as I love pumpkin pie, it’s not something I can just grab for a snack or serve at a fall party. I’ve made Pecan Pie Cookies before with amazing results… so I thought, why not pumpkin!
Pumpkin Pie Cookies have all of the yummy flavor of pumpkin pie in a little hand held bite! Creamy spiced filling in a delicious little crust! I topped these with whipped cream but I’ve also topped them with caramel for an amazing treat too! If adding whipped cream or whipped topping, I’d recommend adding it as you are serving and not beforehand.
I used a 3″ round cookie cutter for my circles giving me 12 circles. If your cookie cutter is a little bit smaller or larger, it should still work just fine, you may have a little bit extra or a little bit less filling and may need to adjust the baking time by about a minute or 2. You are just looking for a lightly browned crust. The filling is slightly thicker than a typical pumpkin pie filling keeping it from leaking out the sides but the result is just as moist and delicious as any pumpkin pie you’ve ever had!
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
PUMPKIN PIE COOKIES
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz cream cheese softened (not spreadable)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 single pie crust refrigerated or homemade
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place pumpkin in a strainer lined with paper towel.
- In a small bowl beat together brown sugar, egg yolk, cream cheese, flour, cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Lift paper towel and give the pumpkin a very gentle squeeze to remove some of the liquid (don’t worry if the paper towel breaks and you don’t squeeze much). Add pumpkin to the brown sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Unroll (or roll out) your dough. Using a 3″ cookie cutter, cut 12 circles. Place on a parchment lined pan and gently fold the edges up (approx. 1/8″) on each circle.
- Divide pumpkin filling over the mini crusts and smooth the top. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love