A delicious pumpkin pie inspired treat in about 20 minutes! These pumpkin pie crescents contain a quick and easy pumpkin filling wrapped in a flaky crust with a sweet glaze drizzle.
I love fall; the cooler weather, the beautiful colors, crunchy leaves and of course all of the yummy pumpkin flavored desserts!
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy pumpkin pie, this is it! These crescents go great with afternoon coffee or a make perfect quick dessert on a busy weeknight! In fact, this recipe is so easy to put together that my 10 year old daughter was able to make it herself with just a little bit of guidance!
This recipe calls for pumpkin pie filling, not canned pumpkin so be sure you’re grabbing the right one! While the pumpkin pie filling does contain spices already, you’re only adding a very small amount to each crescent so you’ll need to add a little bit more spice for flavor. If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand you can easily make your own at home with a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger (find the recipe here) or just substitute a little bit of cinnamon.
When you add the filling you’re going to want to to give the edges a quick pinch to seal them so the filling doesn’t seep out the side. The glaze is super fast to make and makes these delicious, it’s definitely worth the extra 2 minutes!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
Pumpkin Pie Crescents
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin pie mix, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice,.
- Unroll crescents and place 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of pumpkin pie mix on each crescent.
- Starting with the large end, roll the crescent over once and slightly pinch the sides to contain the filling. Continue rolling (a little filling might leak out, that's ok). Place on a parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Place in a small Ziploc baggie.
- Let cool on the pan 10 minutes. Snip off a corner of the Ziploc, and drizzle the glaze over the crescents. Serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)