This Pumpkin Pecan Pie starts as a delicious pumpkin pie, and is then topped off with my favorite pecan pie recipe! The result is the perfect ending to any meal!!
Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Fall feasts often end with pie! The choice is usually pumpkin or pecan…. and finally, I thought… Why Choose??? Why not have both!
This pie starts with a delicious pumpkin pie recipe and is then topped with my favorite pecan pie recipe! The result is a simply perfect Pecan Pumpkin Pie!
Keep in mind this is a large recipe and makes two deep dish pies!
Pecan Pumpkin Pie
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 deep dish pie shells , unbaked
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, 1 egg, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, flour, vanilla and pecans. Set aside.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between the two pie shells and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently spoon the pecan filling over top of the pumpkin (do not pour it) dividing between the two pies.
- Cover the edges of the crust with foil or a pie crust shield. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook an additional 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool completely and top with whipped cream.