Pecan Pie Cookies have a thin flaky crust with a layer of the amazing nutty caramely pecan pie filling we love so much! These are the perfect cookies for any occasion!
Pecan Pie Cookies
Pin it to your DESSERT board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Pecan pie is always a favorite around here! If I’m going to have pie for dessert, it’s going to be a pecan pie any day of the year, not just at Thanksgiving!
Pecan pie is the perfect combination of a sweet, caramel-y, nutty filling in flaky pastry crust! We top it with fresh whipped cream… ahh, so rich and decadent. These cookies have the same delicious flavors!
Pecans are great in cookies but these are different than any ol’ cookie you’ve eaten before. These cookies have thin flaky crusts with a layer of the amazing nutty caramely pecan pie filling we love so much!
These are surprisingly quick and easy to prepare!
The key to success with this recipe is the consistency of the filling. If it’s too runny, it’ll run out of the mini crusts. If it’s too thick it won’t spread to fill the crusts and caramelize on the edges.
You’ll start by combining all of the filling ingredients and then stirring constantly over low heat until the mixture slightly thickens. Low and slow is definitely the way to go on this recipe!
You’ll want it just slightly thinner than pudding so that once it is put into the crusts it will spread easily. If you happen to cook it a little too long you can mix in up to 1 tablespoon extra corn syrup to get the right consistency.
I very highly recommend baking these on parchment paper as the sugar caramelizes and the filling sometimes slightly overflows. If you don’t use parchment, they will most likely will stick to your baking pan!
I used Pillsbury refrigerated crust in this recipe however, you can use whatever crust is your favorite including homemade!
Tools & treats you’ll need for this recipe:
Pecan Pie Cookies
- 1 prepared single pie crust homemade or purchased, I used Pillsbury
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chip for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and eggs. While constantly stirring, cook on the stovetop over medium-low heat just until thickened. (You don’t want it dry, just slightly thickened, about the consistency of pudding). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll dough and using a 3″ cookie cutter, cut out circles. Gently fold about ⅛-¼″ up on the edges.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pecan mixture into each circle.
- Place on a parchment lined pan (it’s important to line it) and bake 8 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag (use brand name, the store brands tend to leak). Microwave about 15 seconds or until mostly melted. Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Cool until set.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
A few more recipes you’ll love