Perfect Boiled Eggs
Pin it to save it and share it!
I love boiled eggs.. they are literally nature’s perfect snack! Jam packed with nutrients, these little guys are completely portable and will last up to a week in the fridge.
- Don’t use fresh eggs, they don’t peel well
- Brown eggs and white eggs are exactly the same except for shell color.
- If you are boiling eggs, let them come to room temp first to avoid cracking
- Use a pin to poke a small hole into the shell before boiling, this helps centre the yolk (like in the photo below)
- Boiled eggs will last 5-7 days in the fridge
Perfect Oven Baked “Boiled” Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place eggs in a mini muffin tray
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Plunge into a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes to stop cooking process
Note: You may see little brown spots on your eggs, these will come off in the ice water.
Perfect Stovetop Boiled Eggs
- Let eggs come to room temperature (so they don’t crack)
- With a pin, poke a small hole in the egg to center the yolk
- Put in a pot of cold water filling to 1″ above the eggs
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat
- Place a lid on the pot
- Turn off the heat and leave sit for 15 minutes
- Plunge into cold water for 10 minutes
You can use these to make:
- egg salad sandwiches
- Easter eggs
- top salads
- sliced and put on a piece of toast with tomatoes
- a portable protein packed snack
- devilled eggs