Perfect Boiled Eggs
Pin it to save it and share it!
I love boiled eggs.. they are literally nature’s perfect snack! Jam packed with nutrients, these little guys are completely portable and will last up to a week in the fridge.
- Don’t use fresh eggs, they don’t peel well
- Brown eggs and white eggs are exactly the same except for shell color.
- If you are boiling eggs, let them come to room temp first to avoid cracking
- Use a pin to poke a small hole into the shell before boiling, this helps center the yolk (like in the photo below)
- Boiled eggs will last 5-7 days in the fridge
Perfect Oven Baked “Boiled” Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place eggs in a mini muffin tray
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Plunge into a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes to stop cooking process
Note: You may see little brown spots on your eggs, these will come off in the ice water.
Perfect Stovetop Boiled Eggs
- Let eggs come to room temperature (so they don’t crack)
- With a pin, poke a small hole in the egg to center the yolk
- Put in a pot of cold water filling to 1″ above the eggs
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat
- Place a lid on the pot
- Turn off the heat and leave sit for 15 minutes
- Plunge into cold water for 10 minutes
You can also make air fryer eggs or even Instant Pot boiled eggs
You can use these to make:
- egg salad sandwiches
- Easter eggs
- top salads
- sliced and put on a piece of toast with tomatoes
- a portable protein packed snack
- deviled eggs
i have tried several different ways of boiling eggs too. its seems to me that each technique has its ‘hits and misses’. i have never heard of doing it in the oven.
I have never heard of of baking eggs before! Thanks for the great tips!
I love the tip about poking a pin hole to center the yolk. That is a genius idea. Thanks for the post :)
great tips…. one to add…. if boiling fresh eggs, add some vinegar to the water… helps in shell removal
Thanks for the tip.
You would get more comments if the comment button were easier to see. P.S. your html is showing in the bottom left hand corner. Your comments are useful and the whole muffin pan blew my mind. I’m idiot who burns herself a lot in boiling water. Thanks for the idea!
Thanks for the great advice! I am working on some new changes for Spend With Pennies so the advice for the comment button is much appreciated!
Ummmmmmmm……what if I did the baking method and my eggs cracked and got brown spots on them?? Lower the temp and clean my oven lol? Help!
The brown spots should come off in the ice bath.