Chicken Pasta dishes can be ready in no time at all and this easy one pot recipe goes straight from the stove to the table in less than 30 minutes. A flavorful combination of chicken, cheese, and tomatoes in a tomato cream sauce all made with just one pot!
What’s in Chicken Pasta?
This dish is full of creamy cheeses, chicken, and a combination of savory flavors like garlic, tomatoes and Italian seasoning…all blended together for this hearty entrée that even makes great leftovers!
This easy recipe has a tomato cream sauce and is topped with cheese for an easy meal.
How to Make This One Pot Pasta
This recipe is super easy and versatile, with just one pot! Using the basic recipe, you can add your favorite flavors to make it your own!
- Cook the chicken and set aside.
- Add seasoning (per recipe below), tomatoes and cream. Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer until pasta is tender.
- Add cheese and enjoy!
It’s that easy!! The pasta is cooked right in the sauce meaning no extra pots or strainers for cooking. Depending on the brand of pasta you have, you may need to add a bit more broth or water towards the end to cook the pasta. Add about 1/2 cup at a time as needed.
Can You Make This in Advance?
One pot chicken pasta can definitely be made in advance, just keep it in a covered container and then pour it all into a skillet and reheat on low on the stovetop.
When you reheat it you may need to add a splash of milk or cream if the pasta has soaked up a lot of the sauce.
More One-Pot Meals
- Shredded Chicken in Buffalo Sauce – tender, flavorful, and perfectly spicy
- Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce – creamy, cheesy, and delicious!
- Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni – ready in under 30 mins!
- Easy Lasagna – easy, zesty Italian dish
- Roasted Rosemary Skillet Chicken– full of flavor!
- Beef Bourguignon Recipe – beef stew with wine
One Pot Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast diced into 1/2" cubes
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 3 cups chicken broth + 1/2 cup extra if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz penne or medium pasta
- 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan divided
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken until no pink remains. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until onion is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add seasoning, parsley, 3 cups broth, tomatoes and cream and bring to a boil. Add pasta. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender and thickened. If you need, add 1/2 cup broth till pasta is cooked. Mix in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Add the chicken back to skillet, top with mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan, then broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.